Video game piracy

I have a very liberal attitude towards it. I don't think it's wrong trying a game before buying it.

As long as you actually buy it afterwards, I'm pretty sure that people wouldn't risk infecting the hell out of their machines just for a demo.

I don't use those torrent sites so I wouldn't know but still... If those torrent sites didn't exist then the PC gaming market has the potential to be a lot bigger.

I can semi-understand people wanting to try the game out before buying it but look at people like BTG's view on piracy, so far just through posts on this forum he has pirated Dragon Age II and will pirate Skyrim and Dead Island, just because they're not quite " his style ". People like this are the ones that are ruining the PC market

Well he's definetly getting some, there should be a rule that when you get to -100 you get permabanned

He's good at arguing... If arguing meant making up random facts to support ridiculous statements

*EDIT* Uh-oh, just realised we're going a bit too far off topic now

Time to make a BTGBullseye Thread I suppose.

Steady on with the targetting of BTGBullseye please. Issues between individuals should be kept to PMs until it becomes a moderation issue (ie people are becoming abusive and so on). Lets keep things friendly.

Anyway, with regards to piracy, it's a tricky issue, although I will say I don't agree with a common standpoint that every pirated copy is a lost sale. That's just silly. A lot of people who pirate something may well have never purchased the game anyway. And some people who pirate things may end up buying the game later on.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I actually am against video game pirating. But i still can see why some one would do it. I myself have pirated a game or two in the past, because i don't have the money and if i do my parents won't let me buy games(they absolutely hate gaming, kind of ironic since i love it ^^). Nonetheless i do think that the developers reserve the money for the games they make. What i do not like is people just pirating games for the sake of it. And to be honest pirating to test a game is a weak excuse, because that's what demo's are for, and if the game doesn't have one: to bad, you will just have to make a choice if you buy it or not based on what you know about the game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pirating video games is like stealing from a game developer (well, IT IS) But when you BUY a pirated game, that's like having sex with a girl while her father's watching. You're enjoying the game while subtly insulting the guys who made that game. If you want them to continue on making great games, BUY THEM. But I think piracy nowadays is slowly dwindling down, with all of the games' measures to prevent such things. I predict that 5 years from now, almost all games will be digitally distributed, thus making software piracy a challenge.

The revenue they receive is so large that they're compensated more than enough though (for the bigtime developers). They can at least show some generosity by giving away some free games, or free DLC or whatever. Or they can do what Valve did and release a bundle (Orange Box). That way more people can get their games without having to worry about paying to much.

So I guess it's okay to pirate games from bigtime companies, since it won't hurt their money flow? lol