Video game piracy

I crack all my games when I can. I do not want to deal with the disk check bullshit.

I crack all my games when I can. I do not want to deal with the disk check bullshit.

Same... Saves the disc from unnecessary wear... And also a reason I like Steam, it auto-cracks the games...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I downloaded Half-life 2 and the episodes when I wanted to try it.

I now own it and the episodes on steam. (Best game evar.)

I use no-cds a lot because I lose the play disks.

My original reason for games piracy was being broke. 6 games a year and $300 is rediculous. The first game I pirated and finally bought was Farcry. It was a great game and when the price was low enough I grabbed a copy and gave it away. Steam has been a big part of wooing me away from pirating games.

HOWEVER Some recent SHITTY, SHITTY games have ruined that trust. The first $50 waste was GTA4. It was un-playable on PC and the god-damned windows live games crap wouldn't let me join my friends game if a certain one of them was on. Next upset was FarCry2.. Yeah, farcry part two!!! ........ .. . . . "BOOOOOOOOOO The fuck is this??"

It always just came down to this. Most games people pirate they wouldn't have purchased in the first place. Same with the music and movie industry. Lost sales figures are bull. Way more then 50% of the people downloading something had no intention of buying it. Me included. Its free and I will have it. Any more then free and I would be disinterested.

Now I just stick to a very small list of games. A combo of legal and illegal titles. I do wait with wallet open for a few. Portal2 will get a buy, rFactor2 if it ever comes, Hawken could rape the cash out of me and I would still thank it. I paid for minecraft because if you don't girls don't like you. And when Outerra has a super pre-alpha they want to test for cash they too will receive my full budget.

I do wait with wallet open for a few. Portal2 will get a buy, rFactor2 if it ever comes, Hawken could rape the cash out of me and I would still thank it. I paid for minecraft because if you don't girls don't like you. And when Outerra has a super pre-alpha they want to test for cash they too will receive my full budget.

Actually, the only two out in the near future that I have any interest in buying are DX:HR and HL3/HL2EP3... Everything else is torrent first, buy if good later.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I think nocd cracks are essential to use if you own the actual game. I mean, requiring the CD-ROM to play the game was basically a thing of the 90's when among other things CD Audio was used for background music and only parts of the game were installed to save hard drive space. Nowadays, it's obsolete and I think it's bullshit how game companies force you to have the disc inserted to play the game.

So the cracks aren't really illegal if you own the game, I suppose.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Making the cracks is illegal since it involves reverse engineering of compiled code. Using them on the other hand shouldn't be illegal, and I go by that principle.

Making the cracks is illegal since it involves reverse engineering of compiled code. Using them on the other hand shouldn't be illegal, and I go by that principle.

Agreed. Those who use the cracks are not technically breaking any laws. But yeah, those who make them definitely break a few laws.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Agreed. Those who use the cracks are not technically breaking any laws. But yeah, those who make them definitely break a few laws.

Satan loves a good loop hole.