FREEMAN'S MIND 2: EPISODE 1

How do I feel about this?

It's a Freeman's Mind Season 2 episode, but it's on April 1st.

I feel like I sold a lung and a kidney for 1,000,000,000 dollars.

Do not toy with our emotions, Ross. I need this to be true.

[edit] I've watched it now. It's perfect. I need this back in my life. I pitched in for the donation drive to finish up HL1 way back when. Make a Patreon for this or whatever if you must, I don't give a fuck. I just need this to continue. [/edit]

I will say this is not only a good April Fool's Joke but a good way of indirectly testing the waters to see how exactly many people actually are interested in seeing Freeman's Mind go on to Half-Life 2.

Long is the way; and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light-Paradise Lost

By the power of truth, while I live, I have conquered the universe-Faust

The only absolute is that there are no absolutes, except that one

Vae Victus-Brennus

What a world we're living in. Donald von Drumpf is president, the Cubs are World Series champions, the Ghostbusters are women, McDonald's has people waiting tables, and Freeman's Mind 2 is a thing that exists.

Looks pretty solid so far; I've been wondering how you'll handle this game, since it's such a different style compared to the first — the most glaring difference being the presence of named, friendly NPCs who seem to mostly idolize Freeman. His delight at seeing the Vortigaunt slave was the first clue that this is gonna be good.

That said, have you considered using the Half-Life Update mod rather than the vanilla game for the rest of these, if and when you get around to them? To my knowledge it's just a map pack that improves the static lighting here and there, plus some additional particle effects, so there shouldn't be any compatibility hiccups with what you use to record. I bring it up because I was reminded how wonky the lighting is in some places when you were in the room with Barney.

Did anyone else immediately go and check the date on their computer when this popped up? XD

Still, that was oddly nostalgic. As for "pick up the can." it's safe to say I never guessed that outcome but that was completely in character.

I am more impressed that he actually managed it. How many tries did Ross need to pull that off? Or was he just improvising after he managed it by accident?

Unless he managed a very sneaky jump-cut with quicksaves I'm kinda inclined to believe that was the first shot which makes me feels he's done that on his own before.

It's actually real simple, HL speedrunners do it all the time. He just backed up all the way to his corner, and aimed for a certain spot on the texture of the wall.

It's just the prep of determining where to aim that probably took a few hours.

I don't think Ross is foolin us, come on... how many years we follow his work near 10 years? He is a smart person, even his jokes (april first or not) are genius and everybody ia satisfied.

Serius now.. after so many videos which you can realy feel Ross personality, what he likes or not, his feelings and opinion about many things in our world, did anyone from us (or you guys in general here in forum) haves the feeling Ross is just wants to joke us so bad?

Me not, even if this first episode stays only a april fool for months, then you know how or for what capable he is.

"Well... it didn't work Heather!!!"

If this is a joke, it's a cruel one

You better have just released this on april 1st to confuse us, which is also cruel

the name's riley

FUUUUU---please let this be real!!! *fingers crossed*

......Okay.Happy April Fools,everyone. *shrug*

Loved the video anyway. :)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

Did I mention how much I hate April Fools day? Especially when you can't tell if someone's being honest and genuinely picked the wrong time, or whether they're just taking a piss and watching us react...

Ok, Ross.

If this is for real, great job, i like where this leads.

If it's not for real, please name a minimum US dollar amount i should dump on you to make this real.

Also, it's weird to me how Gordon recognized Kleiner, but not Breen. Wasn't Breen his boss?

Gonna go with a disrespect for authority figures.

Well, Breen was the boss of all of Black Mesa, while Kleiner was his mentor at MIT(who, according to canon, recommended Gordon to black mesa). Not only that, but Kleiner may have also been his direct boss, as Gordon is presumably still just a research assistant in the Mind-Verse.

I feel like this is a real episode, and Ross just posted it today to mess with us.

Now the real question is whether or not he's gonna keep up with the series from here on out, or if this is just a little thirst quencher before a distant-future series?

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.

Ross!!!!! You are CLEVER!

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I've watched this while I was still in Middle School. Then it was over. Now this started while I'm in university. On April 1st. I don't know how to feel about this.

Nyao nyao~ 子猫は幸せです

NO... WAY... BEST APRIL FOOLS DAY EVER! :D:D:D

*Just don't put yourself through hell making the series Ross; unless this really is an April fools joke.

I will say this is not only a good April Fool's Joke but a good way of indirectly testing the waters to see how exactly many people actually are interested in seeing Freeman's Mind go on to Half-Life 2.

Considering it's already got over 100k views, I think it's a good indication.

Also, on another note, when the video first started, I thought the whole thing was just gunna be him mono-logging while in stasis. I'm glad I was wrong.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Ross! Thank you so much! My eyes are moist with happiness! Awesomeness! Someone just posted on youtube for this video "I swear to God, if this is an April fools joke I will murder you all. This is all I have left so don't fuck with me!" You have made so many people happy, we are your biggest fans! Time to donate!

Honestly, this is still much more believable than Half Life 3 coming out.

That's how dead Half Life is now. Thanks Gabe!!