FREEMAN'S MIND 2: EPISODE 1

Did anyone else immediately go and check the date on their computer when this popped up? XD

Still, that was oddly nostalgic. As for "pick up the can." it's safe to say I never guessed that outcome but that was completely in character.

I was thinking what was he gonna pull off this April Fools, I was not expecting this! The can scene, never expected this!

Welp, now what?

That made wait for FM2 full-on season much more bearable (i understand it can take years because movie- no hurry).

And thank you Ross- i really, really needed something positive this week and having GD & FM episodes so close to one another? I really, really needed it. So Thank you again

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

That was just cruel, c'mon D:

What adds insult (glorious one though) to injury is the fact that it's a legit episode.

It stings enough for me to remember my password from this account D:

Maybe the real joke is that it's not a joke and he's really going to continue it (just maybe not soon?)

Did anyone else immediately go and check the date on their computer when this popped up? XD

Still, that was oddly nostalgic. As for "pick up the can." it's safe to say I never guessed that outcome but that was completely in character.

I am more impressed that he actually managed it. How many tries did Ross need to pull that off? Or was he just improvising after he managed it by accident?

Unless he managed a very sneaky jump-cut with quicksaves I'm kinda inclined to believe that was the first shot which makes me feels he's done that on his own before.

Retired Forum Moderator

*Sees video, sees date* Oh April Fool's, gotcha.

*Sees lack of description* Yep, definitely April Fool's.

*Watches first 30 seconds* Okay, either this is modded, he's going to die, or going to find a way to board the train to Nova Prospekt

*Meets Barney* Okay, he's going to find the Portal Gun and escape that way, just you wait!

*Gets outside* Hmmm... Maybe this is legit....

*gets to the end* Wait... Was this some kind of reverse psychology prank?!

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

When I saw the video length, I thought it was either going to be a ten minute loop of some dumb garry's mods aimation. Probably Alyx giving the "durrrrrrr" face you see a lot.

But nope, it's REEEEEal

Only thing I'm disappointed with is the fact that he didn't recognize Breen. But then again, it was a massive facility. Maybe even the big shot physicists never met the boss.

At first, I thought for sure this was going to be an actual prank video, like something silly was going to happen and it'd fade to black.

But after watching the first few minutes I realized something. This is ROSS we're talking about. It's much more in his style to make you THINK it's a prank video, when really it's an actual legit video, and therein lies the prank! You think the prank is that it's a prank but the prank is that it's not a prank, you just think it's a prank!

What a mad man...

What adds insult (glorious one though) to injury is the fact that it's a legit episode.

Maybe the real joke is that it's not a joke and he's really going to continue it (just maybe not soon?)

I think that deep inside I actually do believe that this is the start of the second part. Legit thing.

That what makes it really sting. I don't want to get "Haha, that was a joke!" after I allow myself to celebrate it. So I'll just treat it as a joke until proven otherwise.

At least we get Game Dungeon. It's still fun to watch.

God damn it.

*went to rewatch Freeman's Mind from the start for the seventh time*

I am more impressed that he actually managed it. How many tries did Ross need to pull that off? Or was he just improvising after he managed it by accident?

Unless he managed a very sneaky jump-cut with quicksaves I'm kinda inclined to believe that was the first shot which makes me feels he's done that on his own before.

There is a cut when the next map loads, just after he jumps out of the window. That should also set an automatic checkpoint, so it's possible he just reloaded from there.

But unless Ross tells us his secret, we may never know for sure...

I think that deep inside I actually do believe that this is the start of the second part. Legit thing.

That what makes it really sting. I don't want to get "Haha, that was a joke!" after I allow myself to celebrate it. So I'll just treat it as a joke until proven otherwise.

At least we get Game Dungeon. It's still fun to watch.

God damn it.

*went to rewatch Freeman's Mind from the start for the seventh time*

I still consider downloading every single Episode and burning them on DVD as one long movie in the future. Just because.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

This may have been said before, but i'm not reading that far up. What if the April fool's joke is that this is a joke. like he plans to make more, but he wants us to think it's a joke so we're not expecting it.

*edit: Read up. CARRION said it. not sorry. XD

I don't understand. I'm amused and frightened. What's the joke? Is the joke that it's not happening yet because Ross has to make the movie? I'm scared!

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." ~ Elric, the Technomage

I don't understand. I'm amused and frightened. What's the joke? Is the joke that it's not happening yet because Ross has to make the movie? I'm scared!

Your avatar suits the situation well.

'Member when Cartoon Network brought back Toonami as an April Fools prank, and it turned out to be a test run for a revival? This is like that, only better. Thank you, Ross.

Also, it's weird to me how Gordon recognized Kleiner, but not Breen. Wasn't Breen his boss?

'Member when Cartoon Network brought back Toonami as an April Fools prank, and it turned out to be a test run for a revival? This is like that, only better. Thank you, Ross.

Also, it's weird to me how Gordon recognized Kleiner, but not Breen. Wasn't Breen his boss?

Considering how this Gordon is unable to recognize Barney (the guy that, canonial, were best friends and Gordon had regular races through the air ducts to see who could open Kleiners office if Kleiner locked himself out again), I don't think he would be able to recognize Breen who probably never met Gordon in person more than maybe a few times AND never had his face plastered everywhere in Black Mesa. He might recognize the name, but that he didn't hear just yet.

Gonna go with a disrespect for authority figures.

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." ~ Elric, the Technomage

I do believe that Gordon didn't realised how far he "jumped" into future for him was just few seconds, like i work in a company with less 45 people i gona have no problems seeing my boss in 20 years from now, but in research facility with 5000? people i guess you can only recognise 2-3 people you worked close toghether, like dr. Kleiner.

"Well... it didn't work Heather!!!"