FREEMAN'S MIND 2: EPISODE 1

You know, watching this got me thinking; What if Ross just got bored and started to do a new Freeman's Mind in Black Mesa?

I know the idea's been proposed before, and people have edited videos of it, but the most recent, retail version of Black Mesa is incredibly different from the original Half-Life, and I feel like most of the commentary Freeman gives would be completely different. It would be fun to watch if Ross didn't have any projects and wanted to go back to his roots in a way.

I'd especially love to hear Freeman's reaction to the guard getting mauled by an alien grunt from behind the door in Surface Tension.

Well you'd have to wait for Freeman's Mind 2, Freeman's Mind 2.1 (Half Life 2 Ep1), 2.2, etc. So eventually by the ripe old age of 70, then he'll maaaaybe have some time for Black Mesa, and that's being generous. So... XD

jk Ross, you're fine lol You take as long as you want

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

You know, watching this got me thinking; What if Ross just got bored and started to do a new Freeman's Mind in Black Mesa?

I know the idea's been proposed before, and people have edited videos of it, but the most recent, retail version of Black Mesa is incredibly different from the original Half-Life, and I feel like most of the commentary Freeman gives would be completely different. It would be fun to watch if Ross didn't have any projects and wanted to go back to his roots in a way.

I'd especially love to hear Freeman's reaction to the guard getting mauled by an alien grunt from behind the door in Surface Tension.

Well you'd have to wait for Freeman's Mind 2, Freeman's Mind 2.1 (Half Life 2 Ep1), 2.2, etc. So eventually by the ripe old age of 70, then he'll maaaaybe have some time for Black Mesa, and that's being generous. So... XD

jk Ross, you're fine lol You take as long as you want

What's even more generous is assuming the Black Mesa devs will release Xen by then. (that one sarcastic emoticon that reddit uses Here)

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.

What's even more generous is assuming the Black Mesa devs will release Xen by then. (that one sarcastic emoticon that reddit uses Here)

Neah, they announced that it's definitely coming this summer.

Neah, they announced that it's definitely coming this summer.

So 4 more years then... Got it. :lol:

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Yeah. It could be that they just decided to call him by his title, but in Half-Life and its expansions, they mention him by his title ominously with a bit of emphasis. That's what makes me think it's more than just a day-to-day mention of him. It just seemed a bit odd that they would call him that in such a fashion, especially in a professional setting. This wasn't just one person saying it in such a fashion, either. I think there have been 3 different people mentioning his name in Black Mesa, and they all said it in such an ominous and stressed tone. I'm not saying there's an actual rule against calling him by name, but it's just something that seems 'discouraged'. Alyx first called him "Breen" before calling him "your old administrator". I do agree that Alyx got a lot of the history from Eli, who also called him "Dr. Breen". But that was after the Black Mesa incident, where they didn't nearly respect him as much. The scientists at Black Mesa, however, never bothered to just call him "Dr. Breen". It's like in the Harry Potter movies where they say "He Who Shall Not Be Named" instead of "Voldemort", except it is less dramatic in this case. It's also like how in the second and third episodes, Gordon says, "You're on the list." He mentions "the list" in an ominous manner, as if it's a bad thing. It's just something I've noticed.

It could also make sense that, because Black Mesa is a government entity working on military projects, that it's a hold-over from how people would talk about superiors in the military. I never really called our squadron commander by their name ("Lt. Colonel so-and-so said..."), it was always 'the commander' and 'the chief'.

I'd like to point out that someone who read Ross' explanation of why Gordon recognises Klein but not Barney on the chat wrote it into tvtropes for posterity. This got memthinking, will he finally remember him when he has to entr a vent (can't remember if in ep0 hwile going to the citadel or in ep1 while escaping it) and Alyx comments how he and Barney used to race on hwo could get inti Klein's office first when he forgot thenkeys? Will he say "oh, he's THAT guard? He thought it was a race? I thought he was chasing me for [insert Freeman thing to do here] since he was always behind"? Or will he declare that's something Barney made up, like lying syaing you're buddies with a celebrity?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delacroix

Yes, we know Mister, yours is always the biggest.

Great episode

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."