Artists? (Possibly another image heavy topic)

Hello, none and all.

I have just a shred of artistry, in the form of making digital images. Not like Photoshoping, more like fading many layers of many images and textures, toying around with many colours and shapes, distorting, etc, until I have something that's half decent.

My icon is the only example I can show, as the some 20 others were deleted. It's not terribly good but it's not the worst I've done. If anyone wants something like that for a banner or icon feel free to PM me about it. I'll try soon to make some better examples. Also, I'm worse than a lobotomized turtle at every other form of art, so don't ask me for sketches or the like, unless you're in need of a pair of melted eyes.

I feel like having a fish mood. I;m gonna draw more FISH

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Screencap from an animated short I'm making in Source Filmmaker. The short features the minecraft avatars of Achievement Hunter in a martial arts sequence.

YouRebelScum52ca3cb8cd198.jpg

YouRebelScum52c5091aba018.jpg

YouRebelScum52c06d2b8bcdd.jpg

I picked them in particular because of the simplicity of minecraft people, which I felt would be a good starting point in my efforts to learn artistic modeling and animation. The models are made up of 8x cubic primitives scaled up to size and then moved into place, merged, enveloped to the Valve Biped Rig, and then manually UV mapped to mincraft textures. I have learned that I am not a gifted texturer.

(As an aside: Please tell me there's a better way to texture than UV mapping each polygon! Anyone?)

I'm an engineer by profesion, so most of my modeling experience has been in a CAD applications like Solidworks:

YouRebelScum52bba0d151d74.jpg

Created in Solidworks 2014 as a refresher project.

The rosebud itself was made with a vase-shaped revolve feature. The outer petals were made by offsetting the skin and then thickening it, with a transverse "V" shaped cut to make them wrap around. Jagged, teeth shaped sketches were extrude-cut from the side to make the ruffle-ends of the petals.

The green leaves are a bell-shaped NURBS surface with a star shape cut from the top, like a cookie cutter. The stem was created by extruding two wavy NURBS at right angles, and then taking an intersection curve to generate a long, meandering line. This line was then used to guide a loft operation, rather than sweep, so that the stem can taper nicely.

Good times had by all while making this.

this is what i do for the flight simulator x

frankfurt-egelsbach_13.jpg

frankfurt-egelsbach_14.jpg

post-43-0-99905800-1396860399_thumb.jpg

Some envir. work

saarbruecken_36.jpg

mega-airport-dublin-21.jpg

stuffs from my portofolio.

"Well... it didn't work Heather!!!"

That bottom one looks remarkably like terminal 4 at PHX...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

oh sorry.. i forgot it.

the two first are on EDFE (near the main airport in Frankfurt) in Germany,

the "3d work in progress" (main terminal) is on LDSP in Croatia, project is not done yet.

Winter envir. show's the approach to EDDR, also in Germany,

the last one is Dublin in Irland - EIDW.

Weird thing, there is no international way to build an airport.. or how to mark a parking position! every country makes her own rules,

but yeah it looks like PHX!

I'd heard a lot of people saying Dublin looked like PHX from the air, so I believe it. Good job BTW.

thank you!

So, while I'm not doing subtitles, eating, sleeping and working a job, I go to school for animation.

Here's what I've produced over the past 12 weeks:

8q9ljWQvZ-k

nice work, you have the talent for animations, i mean you transported a funny feeling with the whole kinematic and i believe me - the ending is also perfect!

Something like.. shit i am down, my face is eatin' the floor and the freaking ball is rolling at me...

So, with near 15 seconds i was able to see the situation like that, it dosen't matter if you used a high-poly or a proxy model with two eyes, it works!

Maya? 3dsmax? Blender? C4D?

Thanks! I feel the ball rolling to hit the head at the end was way too fast but I had a limited number of frames I could work with and wanted to get that in there; I could've left it out, but I felt it wrapped up the shot.

This was done in Maya as being a student of the school allowed me to get it for free. :)

I do alot of Mouse drawing in my spare time.

34zbvaq.jpg

35332a9.jpg

HINT: The design of this guy is based off of a video game character. If you know who, you get a text hug.

>('-')>

Last quarter I was playing around in photoshop and ended up with this:

good_vs__evil_by_bl1ghtmare-d7k5tds.jpg

built using a public render of Fable II's character art. Cut out by LEGOslayer of Planet Renders

Retired Forum Moderator

goblin_shark_by_jekjekyll-d7shf52.png

working on some ilustrations for friend's book.

Btw hi guys, im back lol

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I'm not much of an artist myself but when I do dabble I use the black magic known as Microsoft Paint. I've been an on and off sprite artist since 2007 always using MSP.

These are some finished and unfinished things from 2011-14. Mostly pastel donkeys back when watching pastel donkeys was cool.

856685365689.png

Not bad... (I dislike the show about the pastel donkeys, but your art of them is good)

Not bad... (I dislike the show about the pastel donkeys, but your art of them is good)

Thanks, I try. I find I can actually finish things when I give myself deadlines.

Also no one ever believes me when I say I use the mouse and MSP. I know MSP has a bad rep just for drawing in general but I find it's fantastic for sprite work.

I do non-sprite stuff sometimes but I wouldn't really call it art due to how simple it is.

1920x1080 image incoming.

3453453.jpg

You can find the rest of my 3D stuff on DA.