Artists? (Possibly another image heavy topic)

Not bad... (I dislike the show about the pastel donkeys, but your art of them is good)

Thanks, I try. I find I can actually finish things when I give myself deadlines.

Also no one ever believes me when I say I use the mouse and MSP. I know MSP has a bad rep just for drawing in general but I find it's fantastic for sprite work.

I do non-sprite stuff sometimes but I wouldn't really call it art due to how simple it is.

1920x1080 image incoming.

3453453.jpg

You can find the rest of my 3D stuff on DA.

I'm curious about the 3D one. Was that made in an engine or an actual 3D program? If it was an engine, was it made with engine assets? Regardless of the answer it looks pretty good. A very complete feel that unfortunately a lot of 3D work I've seen lacks.

Retired Forum Moderator

I'm curious about the 3D one. Was that made in an engine or an actual 3D program? If it was an engine, was it made with engine assets? Regardless of the answer it looks pretty good. A very complete feel that unfortunately a lot of 3D work I've seen lacks.

It was made in an engine using game assets. Specifically the World Builder for Company of Heroes.

I had to cheat to get that in 1080 since the builder doesn't have an option for the game window to render in full screen. Also the world builder can't render at max settings either which is why there isn't any anti-aliasing, though the lack of texture filtering is because the engine itself doesn't have any.

I've been building a desert level in CryEngine for a few weeks now. I'm using basically nothing but engine assets but here's a few screens I got from what I've done. Each of these was thrown together fairly quickly and I'm not using a whole lot of assets right now.

Bridge_zps3d5eeddd.jpg

Landslide_zpsb8692fae.jpg

FallenTree_zpsc4d257d0.jpg

Plateau_zpsc143a83c.jpg

I love CryEngine. It's so good at making things look good.

Retired Forum Moderator

That it is... It actually looks like a path I once hiked in Arizona.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

An Artist thread? Oh boy! Sorta semi-relating to Graphics. I did some ComputerAidedDesign in Grade 8/9. It's pretty darn cool. And I was tasked to make a vehicle. Before I was tasked the assignment, in my spare time I was trying to make a pencil and it turned into... this. >w< Don't ask how. I got carried away. But it looks so bada*s. For me anyway. But uh, this is what I submitted to my teacher as my vehicle assignment.

spaceship_3d_graphics_by_jeb_cc-d7mku3i.png

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

XD Yeah, It doesn't even have proper legs or anything to stand on so.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Just started a small thing based off one of my Rimworld games. She has to be the most awesome character I've had so far.

5412514.png

Just a wip right now but I actually think I might finish this one.

228200_2013-06-17_00001.jpg

I don't like double posting but I feel like it has been awhile and no one else is posting.

This isn't the newest thing I've made but I've made a lot of changes since the original. 1280x720

Can you spot the easteregg?

ryuko_by_kydure-d80xyru.png.jpg

I've actually lost the original file so all I have for comparison is this slightly older one. 1920x1080

3215642.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

In b4 'that's not what the school looks like.'

god damnit.

the name's riley

In b4 'that's not what the school looks like.'

god damnit.

I had a feeling someone would mention it.

Ryuko wasn't part of the original scene but I felt it was too empty and she was the only one to fit it. I'm pretty sure space marines or xenomorphs wouldn't fit in very well.

This took me 3 hours or something ridiculous and I'm only what, a 1/6 done? Goodness me.

Needs tweaking but uh, this realistic art style is new to me. X3 I'm trying.

dP889dg.png

-------

Is anyone here any good at drawing landscapes digitally? X3 I've never tried it and I don't know where to start. A landscape like... grassy areas or mountains or rivers and stuff. Any help would be great!

-------

Is anyone here any good at drawing landscapes digitally? X3 I've never tried it and I don't know where to start. A landscape like... grassy areas or mountains or rivers and stuff. Any help would be great!

Do you mean something like this?

1920x1080

C2C87BE28BB20A43FF0342F15A48FB9398F4810E