Artists? (Possibly another image heavy topic)

On the topic of Gay Marriage happenings, I made this little shoop to celebrate/campaign for the referendum in Ireland, based on the 'badges' people would put on their Profile Pics if they supported Yes in the Scottish Independence referendum.

11038724_10205441062242499_8866328793436609157_n.jpg?oh=23add3c8eb017f78a5b3de6d8b24517e&oe=56249DF2

I also made one for the Indy Ref, as I wanted to poke fun at the badge trend.

10514697_10203541655358514_7123757555573515421_n.jpg?oh=d0b191dbf0aeca4098ae044d3f7d9773&oe=56305DC4

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Cute badges. XP

I made a dragon!

Moonlit

I swear I used like... 30+ layers for this. XD I was organizing them at first. But then I got REAL lazy and didn't name ANY of them. So... oops.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

http://i.imgur.com/FYARQYx.jpg

Look! :D I made a comic!

Full of fluffy things. X3 It's my first real go at a collection of art with text attached, using the proper fonts and styles. I'm happy with it though!

I'll have to post a short summary of the context here because I don't directly post character reference sheets and what not on this thread.

-~-

That fox chick is Cheri, she is an avid sports fan and takes part in practical sporting events A LOT, no matter what time it is!

Basically, in relation to the title: "The game after the game", she just finished some sort of event/competition. And she meets up with her friend. :P Who as you can see, gets a little treat. Mwahaha.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

http://i.imgur.com/FYARQYx.jpg

Look! :D I made a comic!

Full of fluffy things. X3 It's my first real go at a collection of art with text attached, using the proper fonts and styles. I'm happy with it though!

I'll have to post a short summary of the context here because I don't directly post character reference sheets and what not on this thread.

-~-

That fox chick is Cheri, she is an avid sports fan and takes part in practical sporting events A LOT, no matter what time it is!

Basically, in relation to the title: "The game after the game", she just finished some sort of event/competition. And she meets up with her friend. :P Who as you can see, gets a little treat. Mwahaha.

You already showed it to me on Skype. ;)

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

Not too bad. Now you just need to make it last more than 1 page... (looking forward to seeing more)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

http://i.imgur.com/Y7JpNoF.jpg

X3 Well here's another page but it's not related to that comic page. Sorry. :P

Although, there WILL be more to this new comic page I've created. 1/15 maybe? I'm getting one a day done which is great. It takes 2-3 hours for each page which isn't bad! So I mean, I could make more than one per day. But it gets quite tiring. XP

-------

You already showed it to me on Skype. ;)

:roll: What's that supposed to be for?

She took you into her confidence by sharing something with you privately and that's what she gets in return? You blabbering about it to the entire internet? Erghh...

There's a difference between mentioning someone showed you something over Skype and revealing personal private information shared with you over Skype. O_o That post is honestly a bit uncalled for...

Anywho, Jeb your art has really been improving a lot! Keep it up! :D

Retired Forum Moderator

There's a difference between mentioning someone showed you something over Skype and revealing personal private information shared with you over Skype. O_o That post is honestly a bit uncalled for...

Anywho, Jeb your art has really been improving a lot! Keep it up! :D

Shhh... It's okay. X3 Don't hurt ClusterFake. *hugs ClusterFake*

It's all good. Shhhhhhhh! ...Sh. XD

Uh. But thank you! :D I've been practicing more than actually drawing so... XP When I DO draw something, it's now a lot better than before.

-------

http://i.imgur.com/U4avp73.jpg

Aaand page 2.

I'm on a ROLL. XP If this keeps up, I might just only post my art here in bundles. I complete 5 pages, I'll post 5 here, instead of posting the individual page. But that's if I keep up this trend. :3

-------

Looks nice, but the ears are a tad large proportionally when compared to most mice. (and too small compared to the large eared variety)

Looks nice, but the ears are a tad large proportionally when compared to most mice. (and too small compared to the large eared variety)

Thanks for the tip! :D Ears are weird to draw sometimes. XP

For a school assignment, I had to take a bunch of photographs, at least 10 of a theme I liked, so I chose the nature theme. This is the result:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzAV8CDkuPvbfnEyWmpiVnhJVHZPb1RlREFRLVl4SUdqUi1vRnduaDh6N0pxbGw2Q19PZ2c&usp=sharing

Sorry for the absurd link. I'd post direct images if they weren't like... 10MB's each in size. :S

Some descriptions;

Second pic (little bird): I was busy photographing the first picture, that I didn't realize there was this little fella only a feet away from me! :P So being snap happy, I quickly adjust the settings and take a shot at it. Such a cute little thing. I tried to get some more, but he just hopped around me before flying off. X3

The weird plant things AREN'T dead, I don't think, they're just weird Australian plants. Those photos were mainly testing out background blur. :3

If you want to see something amazing, Zoom in on pic 5186. You can see EVERYTHING. It's awesome. (Top right, zoom button)

Also, I'd say photography counts as art, which is why I posted it here. X3 It's only a one-off thing from me anyway, just for an assignment.

-------

The bird looks to be the best of the bunch, but the way the lighting hits the scene it makes the bird look like he's 1-legged, and is hovering a few inches off the ground... lol

The bird looks to be the best of the bunch, but the way the lighting hits the scene it makes the bird look like he's 1-legged, and is hovering a few inches off the ground... lol

XD Well, who knows, maybe it IS one legged and hovering a few inches off the ground.

But yeah, mate, if I could have adjusted the lighting appropriately, I would have. :P But I had... what, two seconds to react, you know how birds are. Once you realize they're looking at you, they'll fly off. XP Darn nature. So unpredictable. I tried to take a close-up of some leaves, but the wind kept blowing them out of the view. So I gave up. XD

-------

Still, quite nice. I sometimes wish I had a nice DSLR so I could get the high-rez pics I really want.

I have a photography buff for a dad and he kinda rubbed off on me so sorry, gotta critique. :P

Well, you definitely have an eye for a shot but your technical level could use a tad bit of work. The lighting is very washed out and kinda grainy hinting at a bit of overexposure. I'm assuming you used auto mode for this? If so what you could do to trick the camera into trying a better shot is to meter lighting. Most camera's let you half press down the picture to sort of lock the settings such as exposure and focus and then takes the photo with those settings when pressed all the way down.

To meter the light on auto, try focusing the camera at something that's brighter than the what you want to take a picture of, and then while half holding the button, point at what you want then press all the way down. I've rivaled some of my dads shots doing this on Auto and he hates when I do that, especially since mine's not even a DSLR and about 1000 dollars cheaper. XD Then again, he shows me up, like with the picture he got of when they were moving the space shuttle to LA on the back of an airliner. I'll try and see if I can get him to send it to me to show.

Anywho, sorry about that, the pictures are definitely not bad but I had that tiny bit of photographer blood wanting to get out. :P I do like the detail level in the water pic. I can never get that much detail in mine.

Retired Forum Moderator

Ah. :P See, I knew most of this already, but I simply suck at it anyway. XD

I think if I practiced enough, I'd definitely be able to make photography a sort of hobby. Buuut... interesting photography involves going out, and I don't even have a driving license yet. XP But thank you! It's hard to get aaaall the little things right. The exposure, the f-stop, the focus. Gragh! XD That, and apparently I have very shaky fingers (cause I'm a piano player? :P), so I can't stay still for snot.

try focusing the camera at something that's brighter than the what you want to take a picture of, and then while half holding the button, point at what you want then press all the way down.

Didn't know this one though! :D Thanks!

Water is probably the coolest thing to photograph in my opinion. XP

And just look at this bloody thing. http://i.imgur.com/FOoBSoSl.jpg Compared to me anyway, this thing is huge! And after taking a lot of practice shots and what not, an hour of holding this thing ain't a joke. XD It hurt my wrists. I also didn't realize that wearing black whilst holding a black camera wouldn't help, but I'm not prepared to change clothes just for a post. :P

-------

Water is pretty cool but it's also very hard to photograph. XD The surface reflects so much the even the slightest bit of reflection can throw off the picture's exposure.

Edit: also that is a big camera lol. I think that's even larger than my family's. At least the lens is.

Retired Forum Moderator