Artists? (Possibly another image heavy topic)

I will say that Imgur has a much simpler interface for grabbing the URL for the images... (Photobucket recently moved to a Flash-only method, so you kinda have to grab from the address bar now)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

It's that time again when I need to sort the artwork for my band's forthcoming EP.

Just been looking at the designs I did for my old band Hoverboards:

The background of our debut EP was drawn by a friend, but we felt the Mattel Board may infringe copyright, so I had to put a design over it.

a3178336101_10.jpg

Our second EP was a much simpler affair.

a2928267930_10.jpg

I know, it's all very MS Paint-y. (Although the MOAY background is a photograph of paint put through a filter.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I would actually be interested in helping out with that, if you want... Any particular theme? What kind of text?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I personally haven't done anything artistic in a while now, only managed three unfinished renders in SFM.

bar.png

preview2.png

callieandmarie.png

This one isn't mine but a concept a friend made a long time ago of a creature I came up with.

2d09d341.png

I've been spending some of my free time trying to mimic better light diffusion and reflection in SFM.

Here's the scene with only one light source.

lighting.png

Here's the same scene now with six light sources.

lighting2.png

Wow! Kydure, your renders blow me away. Geez. You are really good at making a gorgeous scene. X3 Dayum. My graphics and design student self is jealous. :P

@Binky: Awesome designs! :D They're so cool looking. Very creative! :3

So, after spending most of my time writing and working on my novel, I decided to take a break and be creative in the drawing department! XP I felt rather inspired, and I see my style has sort of reflected the artwork I was viewing before.

http://i.imgur.com/0LqVoMy.jpg

It's so entertaining to zoom in and see all the pretty little lines and brushes, the shading and the colour. Ah! I'm so happy with it. I tried to test myself and used a wide variety of brushes and tools. Looks so damn good, so glad I tried it out.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

My first sketch of one of my characters,Blue.

Warning:Might scare some people.

NdzkQeN.jpg?1

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

So... I barely do any character creating. XP I usually just draw the same characters all the time. So it's about time I actually created something unique. :P All of the characters I make though are based off of other people. :I So I guess it's not 100% original. However, this was really fun to design. My hand hurts now though. XD It took 2 hours. I'm gonna go have a lie down.

ehe2T9x.jpg

@Zaraki: Neeaaat. X3 Looks like he's awfully angry over something. Either that or psychotically happy?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

@Zaraki - oh, he's got a cataract from all that smoke :D

@Jeb - a beautiful drawing... Such a nice mother-of-pearl effect on his scales and the tip of the tail!

Regards

You've officially coloured more things on paper than I have in my entire life. XD Gah, I hate colouring. Hurts my hand like nothing else. And it never really looks right on paper. Digital coloured drawings aaaall the way for me. Good drawing though.

-------

The colouring is,like,the best part.

And thanks!I tried to make her REALLY pretty.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

I kind of failed last year, since I coduln't pass art academy last time, but I'm gonna prepare for another year soon. Soon, that is in spring, but still, I got greatly into art in general since then. It's been long time since I shared anything here with you, but mostly I was doing pencil/coal sketches and studies in general, but... ._.

recetnly I made some pixel art:

scavenger_pixel_by_jekjekyll-d9bfq5o.gif

pixel_dandy_by_jekjekyll-d9bhemf.png

pixel_garrus_by_jekjekyll-d9bnwqz.png

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Oh man, I love Quake! I should play some Quake III Arena later.

Just something random I drew. :3 I've always wanted to draw a dancing pair before... Dunno why. There's something so graceful about dancing that I love so much.

jRJWAEX.png

-------