Artists? (Possibly another image heavy topic)

aw you made up a little with the proportions and anatomy, but the drawing is cute! also I like the warm colours and sketchy lineart!

Aww dont be affraid to draw backgrounds or some floor, damn I struggle with it as well, so I know your pain tho xD

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Oh this looks great and interesting! But I think before I'd learn how to use it, it would give me some headache and problems how to draw in this thing. Yet I'd try. Seems like fun to use. Yet I'm affraid, that after few tries I'd come back to the traditional pencil and paper anyway.

here's small gift I made for friend, with some markers and ink:

untitled_by_jekjekyll-d9c8osz.jpg

Double posting since this is important guys, gals... everyone!

http://www.bakura.co.uk/post/36428242325/shrimp-method

.-.

I am TOTALLY going to try this one when I have the chance. X3 Thank youuu.

Also, JekkyRoo (but also any others that can answer this), I need some help. XD I got asked on DeviantArt to draw a character, but it's like... a request. And I don't do commissions for nothing. X3 But I haven't really done commissioning before. And I don't know what to say to the dude. I don't want to be mean and go; "Pay the fuck up" XD But I don't know how to word it. I mean, I KNOW that when I go to say; "I'm not doing requests." it will immediately put him off. X3 But I gotta say it somehow, don't want to just ignore him.

Please spare some advice for an artist trying to make money. :P

I don't have the heart to say 'no' most of the time... so getting messages like this just kills me inside. XD I would love to draw for people! But... I wanna make money too... grrrrr...

Last time I got a message like this, I just did the request - didn't ask for anything in return. Later my boyfriend was like; "Whyyyy!??!?!"

And I just whined back; "I HAVE TOO MUCH OF A HEART, DAMMIT."

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I suggest telling him something along these lines:

"Oh, I'd be more than happy to draw on request for you but I promised to my friend/boyfriend that I will only do commissions. Can't wiggle out of it, I'm afraid... But if you offer me something reasonable - doesn't have to be much - I'll draw for you with pleasure."

If you didn't actually make that promise - you can promise it to me, before replying to that guy...

By the way, I didn't say anything about you Dancing Pair... I like it very much! The lines, the shading are so good and your choice of monochrome colouring is a very nice touch. I'm not bothered at all by any anatomical inaccuracies. To me - everything on that picture is an abstraction of feelings, emotions and I find that hyper-realism often distracts from that. I see this drawing as an art piece, not an illustration and the way you've done it opens avenues for imagination and interpretation for the viewers... Nice!

Regards

Double posting since this is important guys, gals... everyone!

http://www.bakura.co.uk/post/36428242325/shrimp-method

.-.

I am TOTALLY going to try this one when I have the chance. X3 Thank youuu.

Also, JekkyRoo (but also any others that can answer this), I need some help. XD I got asked on DeviantArt to draw a character, but it's like... a request. And I don't do commissions for nothing. X3 But I haven't really done commissioning before. And I don't know what to say to the dude. I don't want to be mean and go; "Pay the fuck up" XD But I don't know how to word it. I mean, I KNOW that when I go to say; "I'm not doing requests." it will immediately put him off. X3 But I gotta say it somehow, don't want to just ignore him.

Please spare some advice for an artist trying to make money. :P

I don't have the heart to say 'no' most of the time... so getting messages like this just kills me inside. XD I would love to draw for people! But... I wanna make money too... grrrrr...

Last time I got a message like this, I just did the request - didn't ask for anything in return. Later my boyfriend was like; "Whyyyy!??!?!"

And I just whined back; "I HAVE TOO MUCH OF A HEART, DAMMIT."

in this case I would only suggest maybe an AT, an art trade. When you draw something for him, and he draws something for you inreturn. So you both have something to get in the end. You can allways ask for point commision or something. Im not sure though, I know that just saying "you dont do requests" is tottaly fine with people on DA and they are used to this. So he shouln't be pissed on you.

OMG cute drawings! I love the last one the most, I like that horror head. Definitelly my favourite! Also dat gore one. Pretty nice!

OMG cute drawings! I love the last one the most, I like that horror head. Definitelly my favourite! Also dat gore one. Pretty nice!

Thanks Jek! Most of these were actually commissions, but that last one is my current icon on a few social media sites.

I made it just for fun, I actually had a body for him, but I screwed it up, and just keep the head. Uh... :?

I might post more on here if I can. I know I posted a spritesheet in the 'Bozo's Night Out' thread,

for a potential project I could do, if people want me to try and do so.

Check this out.

n97Q4sDawAs

I HAVE to get that for my brother...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

@Vapymid:

Sorry for the real late reply on this one. XP But thank you! Told him I wasn't taking requests, he was nice about it. ^_^ And uh... :3 Sure, I'll make a promise for ya. I don't back out on promises either. :P I take things to heart, as if they were written in blood. Every little bit, doesn't matter what the promise is! Sound good?

As for the 'dancing pair'... I've never been one to draw realistically... X3 I struggle with it. So yeah, anatomy... not too phased by it. As long as it looks good, that's all that really matters. :P

@SirFizzySodaPop: Neat art! :3 Looks cool.

@Binky: Looks fun! Probably wouldn't be able to use it though. XP You'd have to concentrate and focus your eyes on things in the worldspace... and that's rather hard to do with a VR headset. XD So it'll make me sick quite quickly.

I'm in the process of animating my robot at the moment, thought I'd share a few renders...

F6Dao1V.jpg

LBOn8U9.png

8pWlYsW.png

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

I'm in the process of animating my robot at the moment, thought I'd share a few renders...

F6Dao1V.jpg

LBOn8U9.png

8pWlYsW.png

Have you thought up a name for it?

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

F6Dao1V.jpg

LBOn8U9.png

8pWlYsW.png

Have you thought up a name for it?

PAMI!

Patrolling Automated Mobile Intelligence!

-------

OH PAM! looks great and cute! Nice work!

lately I was drawing some sketches and studies but this is only decent thing I came up with:

whalebhbmnrb_by_jekjekyll-d9cdek1.png

ginger_dandies_by_jekjekyll-d9cr8x1.png

whale_by_jekjekyll-d9cwhwq.jpg

lately I was drawing some sketches and studies but this is only decent thing I came up with:

Nice whale! :D My favourite is the whale. XP Whales are cute. I've seen a whale in the wild before, it was cool. I love their tails. X3

I drew this. X3 Took me 3 hours, I love it so much. Never going to get into realism... this art style is way too much fun! :D

HCQ2880.jpg

-------

@Jeb: Such a nice design. Goes well with your Dawnstrider ship (nice to see you've finished that one and, oh, it's beautiful!). PAMI, eh? A sinister machine but such clean lines. If I were to be shot, being shot by PAMI would probably have made me much less upset than I would otherwise be :D

@HT: You have an active imagination, man. Nice to see a bit of dark humour sometimes!

@Jek: Ah! Those are nice! Especially the whale and the Byronic bloke in the last portrait.

Regards

EDIT: Oh, wow! That dragon is so beautiful! I went through your gallery on DA and you really have perfected that "glowing" colour technique over your past few drawings, Jeb. I'm so impressed. And aesthetically pleased. I really like your dragons. And the big cat - oh, such a beauty!

Nice whale! :D My favourite is the whale. XP Whales are cute. I've seen a whale in the wild before, it was cool. I love their tails. X3

I drew this. X3 Took me 3 hours, I love it so much. Never going to get into realism... this art style is way too much fun! :D

HCQ2880.jpg

OMG YES! btw my life goal is to touch a whale. I fucking love those animals. I'm so jellous of you now aaah!

btw thanks alot everyone! glad you like it!

Oh god those looks great! Really nice job on the details in this one!

OT:

I recently updated my character's reference picture:

idkginger_by_jekjekyll-d9d9yd3.png

for some reaso I can't draw lately well and can't create anything serious .-.