Artists? (Possibly another image heavy topic)

for some reaso I can't draw lately well and can't create anything serious .-.

Says the person who draws 10x better than me. :P

Seriously... The fact that you even get people paying money to see art from you is a sign that you're really fucking good.

I am jealous of the attention you get. X3 Don't feel bad about it all, your art is awesome.

And I'm talking about in general, not just your above post.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

for some reaso I can't draw lately well and can't create anything serious .-.

Says the person who draws 10x better than me. :P

Seriously... The fact that you even get people paying money to see art from you is a sign that you're really fucking good.

I am jealous of the attention you get. X3 Don't feel bad about it all, your art is awesome.

And I'm talking about in general, not just your above post.

Thanks alot for support, I means alot to me. I think what bothers me is the fact that I'm still not good as I want to be .-. but no one will ever be, it's constant fight of progress and moving up. It's what keep me going forward.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Yeah. Mate, no one will ever be good as to say; "I'm happy with what I'm doing. I'm done improving." We're always learning and always practicing to be better. X3 No matter what you do.

Meanwhile... In my Graphics and Design computer lab at school...

wwK7j1qh.jpg

5 hours worth of rendering ahead of me...

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Nice, though the trigger is a mite small...

The trigger? I don't understand... :S

OT: The process of design for my recent drawing! ^_^

http://imgur.com/a/mkZKJ

-------

Nice, though the trigger is a mite small...

The trigger? I don't understand... :S

I missed a page... Was speaking of the prop pic. Sorry for the confusion.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Yesterday when I went to take a nap, I joked to myself by saying "I'm so tired that I'm not taking a nap, the nap is taking me." Which reminded me of the old Shel Silverstein poems I used to read and I ended up channeling him for a few minutes.

Because I wrote a poem inspired by his style lol.

A Wild Nap Took Me

I find myself in trouble,

as maybe you can see,

'cuz yesterday, mid-afternoon,

a wild nap took me.

It dragged me to its lair

and held me down with dreams,

and tied me up in gnarly knots,

spun from nightmare strings.

It's asking for a ransom;

compensation for its crime.

But I cannot pay, for here's the thing,

it wants it payed in time.

I said to it, "I cannot give

the currency you seek.

To get the day I need to pay

it could take me all week!"

It told me that's MY problem,

and that it doesn't care.

It can wait til any date

for me to bring it's fare

So if I'm late to dinner,

or lunch, or bunch, or tea,

just remember that the reason

is a wild nap took me.

I was also very tired when I did this so I'm amazed it even has a rhyme scheme at all. XD

Retired Forum Moderator

I was going through my old screenshots on steam and found a topdown view of a scene build that I posted earlier in this thread.

0F890E3735FB374F1D4EE5AFF5DEA31CB1CE2B8A

Perspective is a great thing.

@Jeb - Ah! How nice! Nobody better mess with that purple dragon! :D Quite interesting to see how it got from a rough sketch to a beautiful painting, though. Your colour work is so admirable in these "glowing" pictures you've been drawing recently!

@K4 - A beautiful scene. I love moonlit places... And that searchlight beam... It makes it feel more foreboding, somehow...

@Continuous - I really like the first one... A nice idea... Which nebula is that?

@Zaraki - Oh, dear... What would it do if it were allowed to think? There'd be no stopping it! Hehe... :D

@Journeyman - Pretty. Pretty life-like too! Took me some time to convince myself they were not a photo. Nice work!

@Roo - A suitably grumpily smug character you've got! :D He seem to have deep pockets too! His whole forearm fits in :lol:

Regards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIhlDyl5gdQ

I don't have any time to REALLY talk about this, I have to get to bed as soon as I'm down posting this!

But, this is just some 'keyframe testing' that I did today, because I'm working on a short cartoon with a buddy of mine!

Feel free to tell me how crappy my art is and how I'll never amount to anything, I already know these things!

I can't wait to see the comments you guys/ladies leave me.

Alright, goodnight, I got school tomorrow.

Oh, and P.S. Do you guys want me to post a link to the cartoon when it's officially uploaded?

It won't be on the channel that the video I linked up above is on.

And yes, we will be looking for voice actors after we finish the script. :mrgreen:

@Rarity: Don't know of him or his style, but sweet poem! :D I can't do poetry for shit. X3

@Continuous: "Not really an artist" - proceeds to draw some really sick-as art. XP Nice!

@Zaraki: Have to agree with Vappy here! Let's not let it think! >:D

@Kydure: Gotta love those random gems you find in your screenshot folders though...

@Journeyman: Looks strange without shading or lighting, but I really like the overall appearance of it! :D

@Vappy: You didn't post art but there's so many people to reply to I might as well give you something too. XP *hugs*

@SodaPop: A link to the official version? :D Yes please! Well, when it's done at least...

@Binky: You can have a hug too. *hugs* XP

Sweet, my turn! Here's something I did... just some random thought I wanted to draw. Didn't put too much effort into it, I just haven't done much art in a while so... XP Wanted to get that art fix.

Owner of the Raze!

nZ6O8oV.png

-------

And for random-fun, here's a video of the modelling progress for my adorable robot. X3 And to think, it started off as a simple cube! :D I just take basic shapes and deform the FUCK out of them. XP

Fz9aE2Gz2X0

Unrelated but something I made recently:

fireshore_by_jeb_cc-d9giq6q.png

-------

I don't care if I come across as flattering but I just love your work. Both the design and CGI and your drawings. I went back on this thread and saw your completed DawnStrider ship. It's marvelous. And your dragons are just so nice...

But... I've been posting here without showing anything, actually... My bad, sorry.

This is my first ever cat - a loooong time ago...

ofFVrj7.jpg

Regards

@Journeyman: Oh! That's so cool! :D I kinda like the lighting though. XP

@Vappy: Oh my gosh!! :D It's so freaking adorable! I love it! *squeals* I love cats. XP You're so good at drawing! You should draw more. :3

JrQwEtY.png

Aaand something of mine... Meow~! <3

-------

Aaand something of mine... Meow~! <3

Aww... that's so nice! A lucky fellow... :D I really like cats... even though the fur gets everywhere :lol: Ah, those memories... That cat I drew - when he was very little, he used to use my forearms as his teething toys... nom-nom-nom - in one direction first, then - nom-nom-nom-nom in the other. My arms looked like I was a heroine junkie for a couple of months :D

But, thank you.... I did draw some more, a while ago... I was inspired by your dragons, actually :-)

Here, an offering of a Puffer fish to an untamed poison dragon :D

SVop1iy.jpg

And... did it do any good for this character?

91RudkH.jpg

It appears so! :lol:

Oh, just have to clarify - I drew it all in pencil, then used a painting algorithm program to process the drawings...

Regards