References to Shephard's Mind and Barney's Mind?

Sign in to follow this  

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Machinima/FreemansMind

"The series' immense popularity spawned a number of copycats, many of which have earned the Approval of God. Notable creators include the "Master Minds", a supergroup that formed to create a sort of continuity between their own, highly-popular Mind spinoffs note with the events of both Shephard's Mind and Barney's Mind receiving subtle shout-outs in the series proper."

"...with the events of both Shephard's Mind and Barney's Mind receiving subtle shout-outs in the series proper"

To what does this refer?

For Barney's Mind, there's a connection when Gordon passes Barney on the Inbound tram and shouts "SUCKER!" as he passes by. You can hear Gordon say this in Barney's Mind as well. For Shepard's Mind, you can hear "Hey! Get back here, you big--" from Shepard's Mind when Gordon jumps into the beam going to Xen.

...and in Freeman's Mind, you can "barely" hear Shepard say "Get back here, you big..." at the tail end of Ep 61.

Oh, and the three of them appeared together in one podcast/group interview.

Welp, now what?

Ep 61: "BACKRUBS!" ~Shepard

ep. 67: "I wanted a cheesburger!" Barney Calhoun as voiced by Ian Riley

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." ~ Elric, the Technomage

"...with the events of both Shephard's Mind and Barney's Mind receiving subtle shout-outs in the series proper"

To what does this refer?

Huh, I never expected my edit to be mentioned here...

Ep 61: "BACKRUBS!" ~Shepard

ep. 67: "I wanted a cheesburger!" Barney Calhoun as voiced by Ian Riley

This is what I was referring to, for the record. Specific VA cameos as their characters.

In Episode 1 of Freeman's mind: when Freeman said "Ah I'm not the only one who's late. SUCKER! ah ha." you can see Barney

In Episode 1 of Barney's mind: when Freeman says "SUCKER!" This barney unlike the one in Freeman's mind Reacts

In Episode 2 of Barney's mind: Not only we see Half-life decay but We see Freeman aging. When the scientist says "morning Gordon" Freeman responds with "sup fool"

In the last episode of Barney's mind: You go to where Freeman is getting dragged by two HECU soldiers says there lines.

In Episode 61 of Freeman's mind: We hear Shepard say "Get back hear you big-" getting cut off.

In Shepard's Mind Episode 10: We hear what Shepard said to freeman as "Hey, Get back here you big orange (bleep)" the bleep was the F word. I can't say it because I am in School.

So there are 4 References that are in Freeman's mind or in the other two Half-life 1 minds

Also How I know that Shepard said that was also when Ross entered the meet the minds QNA

if anyone wants to know the references in both the other minds let me know