Discord Group

Both chats are good, they are just different, first one is more about community and has more focus on not related stuff to AF, more like free for all, and second one is more about AF in general and gaming.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

@Username: "Toxic and abusive staff", the one staff you deem so out of three others that you wouldn't label as abusive. Love the generalisation. XP

And as Jek said, it's just run a bit differently I think. It's more chill, laid back. The roles are all over the place but it's such a small server it probably doesn't need to be strictly moderated. And the colours look so cute! ^-^ It's not really a server that's meant to be taken seriously, I mean you've said it yourself, it's more of a fan community. If you like the order and structure, then that's what the reddit's AF server is for.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

adding toxic and abusive staff to the list of issues the FFA server has.

_n5E7feJHw0

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

@Username: "Toxic and abusive staff", the one staff you deem so out of three others that you wouldn't label as abusive. Love the generalisation. XP

And as Jek said, it's just run a bit differently I think. It's more chill, laid back. The roles are all over the place but it's such a small server it probably doesn't need to be strictly moderated. And the colours look so cute! ^-^ It's not really a server that's meant to be taken seriously, I mean you've said it yourself, it's more of a fan community. If you like the order and structure, then that's what the reddit's AF server is for.

One bad mod doesn't spoil the bunch, but it's certainly enough to spoil an entire server.

The FFA discord is absolutely not a "chill, laid back" place. When it's not dead it's rife with drama, and lately it USUALLY involves a certain aforementioned mod who can't keep his mouth shut or at the very least put away his toxic and opinionated attitude when he wants to discuss something. Him and me, him and vapymid, him and blighty, you name it. 4 people have left the server so far because it's a toxic and unpleasant environment, and considering that maybe 10-20% of the users there are active in any given time frame, that's not just a small meaningless number. I couldn't care less about the unorganized mess of roles, but that isn't indicative of a chill, laid back community that doesn't take itself seriously. That's indicative of a lazy admin and an apathetic community. The subreddit discord has rules, and a proper role system. You know what else it has? An active community, admins that have never had to kick or ban a single user, and a more chill and laid back atmosphere. I'd love to come back and actually discuss my issues with the server, but I want that mod to stay out of it.

"]Speaking as an admin of the subreddit's discord (I'm WhoCaresAboutThat#2467 on there), we needn't have drama between the each other and let the people join in on the community/ies of their choosing. I'm already in one subreddit discord that split into 2 discords that pretty much hate each other and we should not have that repeat. (also gib invite pls)

I wouldn't worry about discord drama, this isn't about that. I'd PREFER the servers merge so I can have the community I'm used to with the less awful environment, but if people want the FFA server to stay it needs some serious changes.

Annie, really... Let it be.

1. We have rules laid out. X3

2. It's actually been a bit more active recently.

3. I'd rather it stay separate. This server might as well not even be related to AF because we never really talk about Ross that much. It's more like a 'we're a bunch of mates, let's make an easier way to communicate with each other' server.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Annie, if you want you can create your own server and be mod there on your own. Seriosuly I have no idea what's up with the whole beef you got against us on that server .-.

There was a reason he kicked you.

What an absolute mess.

I think I'm just gonna stick to the reddit channel. I love you guys but hot damn you are all a volatile mix. I'll be there or just Blightmare#8904 if anyone cares.

Retired Forum Moderator

"]Speaking as an admin of the subreddit's discord (I'm WhoCaresAboutThat#2467 on there), we needn't have drama between the each other and let the people join in on the community/ies of their choosing. I'm already in one subreddit discord that split into 2 discords that pretty much hate each other and we should not have that repeat. (also gib invite pls)

Yup. There is completely no reason to even be in war. Both servers are run differently and have different focus, but works pretty nice in balance together. The reddit server is for gaming and Ross, and second one is about everything else, from games to hobbies and personal interests, but run by ppl from community. Merging them into one would made it overcrowded and messy. Its good as it is now.

[i delated all links because I don't think they are needed.]

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Ok if that's your opinion, it's ok. Let people decide what is better for them.

Really don't tell people what to do, if you don't like other people telling you what to do.

I don't think either is better, you shouldn't even really be comparing the servers at all. Like Jek said, one is more related to AF, the other is more related to the community and group of peeps here.

Telling us we should 'migrate' to the reddit server because it's 'better' is like telling a car driver to drive a truck instead. They're two different things and we have our preferences. I don't want to migrate, I like the creative freedom of the community server, I've never been able to jump into an unknown Discord server with a bunch of strangers and enjoy the company there, and I have very little to talk about in relation to Ross and his videos anyway.

-------

May I be invited to the discord server?

Your name's pretty suspicious and bot-like

the name's riley