Sottotitoli in Italiano

Allora, ho iniziato a lavorare sui sottotitoli di "Freeman's Mind 2". Mi è venuto un dubbio: i sottotitoli dei videosu YouTube li devo fare sul sito di YouTube? O devo fare un file SAMI e caricarlo qui sul forum (come ho fatto con i sottotitoli degli episodi della prima serie)?

-----------------------------

Alright, I began working on the subtitles for "Freeman's Mind 2". I have a doubt: do I have to create the YouTube videos' subs on the YouTube website? Or I have to create a SAMI file and upload here in the forum (like I did with the subs of the first series' episodes)?

freeman_s_mind_2_episode_1.zip freeman_s_mind_2_episode_1.srt

On 5/15/2020 at 1:07 AM, BIRB said:

I have a doubt: do I have to create the YouTube videos' subs on the YouTube website?

Choosing the tool used for making subtitles is the prerogative of the person who is making these subtitles.

Personally, I find the YouTube interface atrocious. I have tried about a dozen of different subtitling programs, and in my opinion nothing even comes close to Aegisub in terms of sheer productivity. YMMV, obviously.

So I would advise you to make the subtitles in whatever program you find most convenient, in whatever format you find most convenient, then convert them to *.srt and upload them here (and also to Youtube, just because why not).

Edited by ScumCoder (see edit history)

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

On 5/15/2020 at 4:35 PM, ScumCoder said:

Choosing the tool used for making subtitles is the prerogative of the person who is making these subtitles.

Personally, I find the YouTube interface atrocious. I have tried about a dozen of different subtitling programs, and in my opinion nothing even comes close to Aegisub in terms of sheer productivity. YMMV, obviously.

So I would advise you to make the subtitles in whatever program you find most convenient, in whatever format you find most convenient, then convert them to *.srt and upload them here (and also to Youtube, just because why not).

Alright, I've already uploaded the .srt file here. Now I'll convert it into .sbv and upload it on YouTube.

Also, so far I've been using Subtitle Workshop.

15 hours ago, BIRB said:

Now I'll convert it into .sbv and upload it on YouTube.

As far as I know YouTube accepts *.srt as well...

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

Mi sono dimenticato di caricare l'episodio 4 dopo averlo finito. Lo faccio adesso.

------------------------------

I forgot to upload episode 4 after finishing it. I'm gonna do it now.

freeman_s_mind_2_episode_4.srt