FREEMAN'S MIND 2: EPISODE 2

Sign in to follow this  

How did you skip needing to charge your suit? They usually nag you if you don't use it.

I can't wait until later with resistance fights.

"Don't forget to reload! I just helped Gordan Freeman!"

"I'M USING A CROWBAR YOU IDIOTS"

Man, I can only imagine what he'll think of the rocket in Episode 2. Or the climb into a reactor bit from Episode 1.

Anyone want to place a bet on whether we'll get the Ski mask line next episode?

This made my day :D

You know, I'm thinking about creating a technology company whose name would make people think about winding roads, technology and all the "E" online mambo-jumbo. It should be called: "Path-E-Tech".

I'm definitely not a 'laugh out loud' kind of person, but Gordon thinking the intention was to completely vaporize Alyx and getting ready to celebrate got me good.

I actually think that might be one of the highest points of the 'franchise' for me.

Kleiner, inviting a brain-raping alien facehugger to jump on his head:

- Here, my pet. Hop up!

Freeman (compassionately):

- The years have not been kind, huh?

Well if there is one thing the years have been kind to, it is Ross's sense of humor.

Will you share download link to the FM2 episodes as well? I got every single FM1 episode om my PC and I dont really wanna rip from youtube where it has been compressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=6300&v=wEREvKOJVoA

Ross, is there any reason why you don't enable the community contributed subtitles in YouTube? I'd love to make Spanish subtitles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=3804&v=CFbvH6TvZ8M

also, is Freeman still mute, or is he actually telling people stuff when it appears obvious he is?

This was always kept ambiguous since the very first episode, and I think deliberately.

- sometimes Freeman pretends to yell someone in the face (or just say something rude), but the person is not offended; then Freeman says something that implies that he was actually yelling in his mind in order to not upset relations with this person;

- sometimes it's like the above, but the person suddenly reacts and Freeman is like “Whoops, did I say it out loud?”;

- sometimes he says something and the person reacts, and Freeman expects it (so in this case he was just talking normally).

In general, you can never be sure when Freeman is thinking or speaking.

I'm definitely not a 'laugh out loud' kind of person, but Gordon thinking the intention was to completely vaporize Alyx and getting ready to celebrate got me good.

I actually think that might be one of the highest points of the 'franchise' for me.

There was no indication that Freeman was thinking anything like that. He was genuinely glad when her teleportation went normally.

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

Well, I'm no expert demo playback with the Source Engine, but Half-Life: Update mentions it fixes 'countless' bugs. While it never mentions anything with demo playback it does state: "...fixes many of

these issues including bad triggers causing scenes and battles to not cue properly..."

Again, I'm no expert. I was just suggesting that Ross tries the playback in the newer Half-Life 2 to see if it still has any of the issues he mentioned.

The Cinematic Mod might have a few bugfixes in regards to the demo system, though I can find nothing about it anywhere. Can we get a demo file that has issues to be able to test this kind of stuff?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Just to note that Ross has gone through several iterations of Half-Life 2 before starting the series, including a pre-Steampipe copy, the current retail version and the Half-Life 2: Update mod. While there are some improvements from one thing over another, there's certainly no one size for all, as with most things Source.

As far as I know he's still considering other options. Don't know about Cinematic Mod, but we have shared and looked at numerous recent and older community fixes that address random bugs and glitches. So far, both episodes have gone through multiple modded changes in the game specific to their recorded sequence. To say nothing of the adjustments required in post... I guess it's pretty much standard to Freeman's Mind nowadays, but Ross will find the right recourse. Rest assured all the obvious remedies have been figured in.

Sounds good to me. It is still only the second episode, after all. I'm sure Ross will get his groove going a few more episodes down the road.

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.

NO.

No to you too... The Cinematic Mod can be set to be visually identical to an unmodified version with very little effort, and if it fixes Ross's demo playback problems, it should be considered.

Ross, will you use weapon mods for Freeman's Mind 2 to overlook developer oversights for Half-Life 2?

For example using http://gamebanana.com/skins/142536 to have Freeman hold the AR2 with 2 hands instead of just one like in the base Half-Life 2?

Non Nobis Domine, Non Nobis, Sed Nomine, tuo da Glorium

He's Gordon Freeman! He don't need no stinking 2 hands to fire weapons!

Yeah, but it would not look consistent with everyone else holding the AR2 two handed, including the Combine Soldiers (who have tactical combat training mind you)

On this topic, there is also a two handed weapon mod for the Pistol http://gamebanana.com/skins/155237 but seeing that Ross has already recorded Episode 3, I think it's too late for him to use this mod, even if he looks at this obscure post on his forums.

But he's Gordon Freeman... He can fire a gluon gun! He doesn't need 2 hands to fire a measly rifle! (plus, that HEV suit obviously has some micro servos to assist with strength, otherwise he'd be immobile)

Bad example; The Gluon Gun was two handed, and it had a backpack.

An AR2 is like an M60. It's only possible to fire it one handed with a sling, because it's very heavy.

He's a Theoretical Physicist, not an Adrian Shepard.

It would make more sense to have the AR2 be held two handed instead of one.