Mass Effect: Thread

Should I beat ME3 before the supposed 'better ending' comes out, or wait for it?

Bioware hasn't really confirmed a "better ending" is coming out. I say go for it.

Interesting thing happened, was finishing my adept run today, middle of night during epic rainstorm. Power blinks just as I hit "the ending," you know the part. Its as if Marauder Shields reached out across reality for a chance of completing his mission.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

That's awesome. I like being scared.

Should I beat ME3 before the supposed 'better ending' comes out, or wait for it?

Play. Play like you've never played before. Then, if BioWare changes/expands/complements the ending, play again.

If they don't, play again anyway.

I'm in the middle of my second full playtrough of the series, this time as a full renegade, and it's just plain awesome.

Bioware hasn't really confirmed a "better ending" is coming out.

Judging by this, I would say it's quite possible.

"To that end, since the game launched, the team has been poring over everything they can find about reactions to the game – industry press, forums, Facebook, and Twitter, just to name a few. The Mass Effect team, like other teams across the BioWare Label within EA, consists of passionate people who work hard for the love of creating experiences that excite and delight our fans. I’m honored to work with them because they have the courage and strength to respond to constructive feedback.

Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You’ll hear more on this in April. We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue."

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

PS. This is off-topic, but the fact that YouTube doesn't allow you to choose the frame you want as thumbnail (unless you're a partner or something like that) is really annoying.

It gives you three frames to choose from, right?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's awesome. I like being scared.

Play. Play like you've never played before. Then, if BioWare changes/expands/complements the ending, play again.

If they don't, play again anyway.

I'm in the middle of my second full playtrough of the series, this time as a full renegade, and it's just plain awesome.

Bioware hasn't really confirmed a "better ending" is coming out.

Judging by this, I would say it's quite possible.

"To that end, since the game launched, the team has been poring over everything they can find about reactions to the game – industry press, forums, Facebook, and Twitter, just to name a few. The Mass Effect team, like other teams across the BioWare Label within EA, consists of passionate people who work hard for the love of creating experiences that excite and delight our fans. I’m honored to work with them because they have the courage and strength to respond to constructive feedback.

Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You’ll hear more on this in April. We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue."

Yeah, definetely possible, just not confirmed. Based on other statements made and what I've been hearing around the Bioware forums, it seems that exposition is the predicted change that will be made to the ending.

The only complaint that comes to my mind right now, would be about the Journal and Codex. I don't mind the Journal and Codex being in one place, but they got crammed in there to make room for a completely useless Manual menu, which just shows you the controller and buttons, like you need help remembering them. Also, since there's SO many side quests, it would be nice to have more direction or progression. Like, for example,

I'm trying to unite the mercenary bands under Aria, and I have to deal with General Oraka. Well, I'm not gonna kill him, so I offer to help him get weapons, but the Journal never shows that. It just says the same thing it said when I first took the mission, and with so much crap, it's kinda hard to remember what I'm supposed to be doing for each individual mission. This is kind of a nitpick but I feel it needs to be addressed somewhat.

Also none of my Shepards imported right, but there's gonna be a patch for that so I'm not too terribly worried.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Yeah, the journal doesn't update nearly as much as it should. As in, at all. Eventually I just got into the habit of scanning every system that was available to me at any given point in the game, then scouring every corner of the Citadel seeing if I had completed any sidequests in the process, while picking up new ones by overhearing NPCs. Tedious, but effective.

Yeah, my Shepard didn't import either. Took a while, but I was able to reconstruct the face, then improve on it, so even if they do release a patch to fix the issue, it wouldn't matter to me. Obviously they still need to do it though.

and my journal always seemed to reset to Citadel: Improved Power Grid. seems to be a bug. Fun fact: If you hadn't inferred it, General Oraka was General Septimus from ME1. Wonder how that quest goes if you never did the Consort quests back there.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I just finished ME1 on my first full renegade playtrough. All in all, most of the renegade choices get the same results as the paragon ones (and I mean, with the same resulting dialogue). There are differences, of course, somethings just hilarious (like when I call the Counsel to report and then hung up on them), sometimes rather disturbing (like Shepard executing former enemies or people who worked for them and repented).

I made a few videos I wanted to record on my first play, but was to busy preparing for ME3.

Hold the line speech

4-_Nb9pNhjo

Talk with Sovereign

VoAbjYbA1lM

Attack on the Citadel

99JwvdoE4ZI

I'm now playing ME2. This is going to be interesting, since now I have every single DLC available installed (I ended up buying all of them), and active since the very beginning (for instance, I got Kasumi and Zaeed right away). I kind of like renegade scarface cyborg look my Shepard has. I wonder if it will import correctly into ME3.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

None of my Shepards faces imported right, and it's kinda bugging me now. I tried to recreate 'me' Shepard (lol) but it just doesn't look right, so I've stopped playing it a little and am biding my time until the patch releases. I don't know if your scars stay if your face imports correctly, but they're gone if you try remaking it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."