Mass Effect: Thread

The game itself is extremely good. Beats out ME2, and I would say is on-par with ME1.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

:lol:

I saw one guy complaining about the ending, and he used this image.

BioWare.png

Made me laugh.

On another topic, I saw a few posts back someone (I think it was BTG) saying that ME3 beats ME2 and is par with ME1... I think ME3 is quite epic, and there are a few sequences that are truly amazing, but if you ask me, ME2 (with all DLCs installed) takes the crown in the trilogy. Then ME3, followed closely by ME1.

EDIT: the guys over at Alienware Arena are giving away for free codes to redeem an M-90 Indra Sniper Rifle for Mass Effect 3. Get yours while it's hot!

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/mass-effect-3-giveaway

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

The internet just got more awesome. A bunch of disgruntled fans dissatisfied with the ending are doing something differnt, sending Bioware cupcakes. Vanilla cupcakes in blue, red, and green, marked A, B, and C. I KNOW YOU FEEL THIS. Forbes even covered it. IF I HAVE TO TEAR YOU APART PASTRIES, I WILL.

original forum thread here: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/10635792

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

If this is what you get for a bad ending then I'm gonna start making games. I know what Wrex would say what to do with the cupcakes...

On an unrelated note, favorite Wrex line? I still love, "If we all die in here Shepard, I'm gonna kill you."

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

There are just too many good Wrex lines... I can't pick one!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

So I gave in and played Mass Effect 3, anyway regardless of face importation. Like, 10 minutes ago.

That ending.

I'm not disappointed...but I wouldn't call it the greatest ending ever either...

I'll add more or something once I get my thoughts processed...I'm still confused...

I will say though, Mass Effect 3 is probably my favorite game ever, regardless of the ending. I've never been more invested, and felt more sad when people die, or happy when good things happen, than this game. It is amazing. Except the last 10 minutes which I'm still wrapping my head around.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

So a Reaper travelled back to this decade, got its parents to fall in love so it wouldn't cease to exist, then started singing in its Reaper langauge at their high school dance, the cousin of the guy who invented dubstep overheard it, called said cousin, and said he had found that new "sound" he was looking for. And that's where dubstep comes from.

I knew it. I always said dubstep was the work of the devil. Now I just replace devil with devil(s)

So, to better make sense of the ending I've chosen to follow the Indoctrination Theory. Also, this is a game spoiler

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I knew it. I always said dubstep was the work of the devil. Now I just replace devil with devil(s)

So, to better make sense of the ending I've chosen to follow the Indoctrination Theory.

That does makes more sense IMO, its not because of the major fuck-ups at the end, its the way they keep pointing their own fuck-ups and rubbing it in your face.

But even if the indoctrination theory is correct, Bioware didnt finish the story like they had promised and if they release it as a DLC its gonna be one of the biggest dick moves on the gaming industry so far. So yeah, i cant see a happy ending to this :P

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

I agree, but when you compare the indoctrination theory to taking the ending at face value, the theory actually makes the actual ending WORSE because it shows why all this stuff happened at these times. You'll understand when you play it.

So a Reaper travelled back to this decade, got its parents to fall in love so it wouldn't cease to exist, then started singing in its Reaper langauge at their high school dance, the cousin of the guy who invented dubstep overheard it, called said cousin, and said he had found that new "sound" he was looking for. And that's where dubstep comes from.

Would explain this:

TyDY-EYWvM4