Mass Effect: Thread

Can't buy into the indoctrination theory yet, myself.

Me either. Just didn't quite fit...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'll just leave this here

_L-bXs5yq00

2012 Toonami ftw

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Puts it in a whole new light when you consider that Steve Blum was also Grunt and a lot of extra voices for ME. Wonder what the voice cast thought of the ending in general?

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I know what I think about it. Now, anyway.

It's not enough for me to get pissed off about, but it was kind of a disappointment, but only because...

it didn't really leave much room for sequels. I mean, the mass relays are destroyed, Shepards dead (in most endings) and your crew is stranded on a tropical island...how can you build a sequel off of that? I don't know about anyone else but I was kind of hoping they'd make a Mass Effect 4 or something similar...

But there were plenty of inconsistencies and wierdness so I'm glad they're making a new ending or, making the one we have make more sense. Either way I hope to get more closure out of this.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I would be completely fine without a 4, at least not a direct sequel. This was always billed as a trilogy after all. But, ever since the first game, the universe has felt developed enough to live well past 3 games, the Star Wars for this generation.

Yeah, and for the longest time I was expecting it to just stay a trilogy but...goddammit now that it's ended I want more! XD And with that ending? C'mon give me SOMETHING! Plus I've seen more and more interviews with Bioware about sequels and how they'd like to make them, which just hypes me more. I don't even have to play as Shepard I just want to play in the universe more.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I demand my blue children dammit!

Seriously there's a tragic story right there. Save the entire galaxy from an unimaginable threat, but your wife is going to live centuries past you and your kids will barely have you for their childhood if you're lucky to live that long even.

editing in here:

I think probably the biggest problem they faced was just how epic a set-up Soverign gave the Reapers. It would be almost impossible to explain them away without killing the magic. I mean, does this

-iZyPamkEUs

Sound anything like a being whose reasoning is "Synthetics will destroy all organics?" You can call it a retcon and that Soverign was talking out of his emergency induction port, but really? come on

Ignoring all the nay-sayers, Mass Effect 3 is a bloody briliant games. Yes, the ending was one of the greatest disappointments in my video-game life, but it doesn't change the fact that the rest of the game is pure gold. The RPG elements may not be really expanded and the combat system is sometimes a bit sketchy, but this game isn't about that. Mass Effect is a story-driven cinematic game with emotional entaglements, focusing on characters and lore... and it's a game where your choices DO MATTER over the course of the trilogy (still igoring the ending here). Mass Effect 3 showed me some of the deepest emotional scenes I have ever experienced in a video-game (especially thanks to great voice acting and briliantly written characters).

Hate the ending (a lot), but love the game and I'll sure as hell replay the whole trilogy many times. Multiplayer is also quite a fun feature.

When fortune is blind, be a guide-dog.

Of course... some people may enjoy the ending, but it goes against what Mass Effect is about. It's like if you were watching Star Wars The Original Trilogy and the last ten minutes were from The Inception. It doesn't go together at all.

When fortune is blind, be a guide-dog.