Mass Effect: Thread

Speaking of DLC, is there a way to get it on the 360 without using LIVE? I can't really use it, but I do wanna play the DLC.

Without being able to access LIVE at all? No, because you have to download it from LIVE. However, if you don't want to buy it from live but have live, you an just go to a Gamestop or something and buy the little cards specific to the DLC.

Yeah, if you actually can't use LIVE, there's really no way to do it, sadly. Hopefully they'll release 'em on hard disc like they did for the two Mass Effect 1 expansions.

that really sucks for you, friend. You're missing out on one of the best array of DLC for a game I've seen in a while. hopefully you'll get them eventually.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

You can torrent the DLC for the XBOX...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I really don't understand what your problem is with paying money for the DLC. The major packs they released - i.e. Overlord & Lair of the Shadow Broker - were completely worth the money. Even the cheaper DLC that offered new weapons and armor that sometimes changed your gameplay in interesting ways (take the geth shotgun for example) is hardly 'justifiable' pirating material. If you think about it, a coffee around here costs the same price and you only get enjoyment out of that for as long as it stays warm. DLC is there forever.

Am i the only one who thinks ME1 was way better than 2?

The drawbacks of ME1 for me was the inventory and sometimes horrible voice acting. Call me insane, but i didn't mind being in the mako.

But ME2 was very monotonous to me, Shepard felt different, waaaaay to streamline and it can just barely classify as an rpg. Not to mention insane difficulty isn't even insane (except for praetorians!). I wasn't so much drawn to the story as i was to the relationships with other characters, most of the characters felt designed rather than having a unique personality though. All in all it felt mediocre to me, but i have very high standards for bioware, or had (DA2)

I think each have a different "flavor" with 1 having richer RPG features and character customization, and 2 focusing on streamlining and improving while continuing what you did in the first. I love them both, but I would say that the second had vast improvements in gameplay, chiefly combat. There wasn't much of a difference in Shepard between games, he/she felt consistent, although ME did let renegade shep be a lot more overtly racist if you wanted him/her to go that way. Regarding insanity difficulty, I much prefer the second game, where, although not as challenging as I'd like, the first wasn't actually a skill based challenge. It was heavily stat-based, so a high level character was required, but enemy AI still sucked. The only challenge there was an endurance test, I litterally pushed enemies up mountainsides with a stream of bullets with my HMWAR X while they spammed medi-gel, immunity, and shield boost. The only other difficulty there was dodging instant kill things like rockets. BTW, have you ever fought a thresher maw or geth colossus on foot on insanity? That was some fun for me. Oh, and I'll take the mako and its ridiculous mountain climbing over the hammerhead's paper armor any day.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

You can torrent the DLC for the XBOX...

Links please?

I only ask 'cause I looked before, but I couldn't find anything besides the actual game.

Links please?

I only ask 'cause I looked before, but I couldn't find anything besides the actual game.

Piracy links removed

Do not post links to warez on this forum. Do not ask for them either.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Yeah, i bought them in the last sale, played each 3 times already (authentic sick days). Best 20 ever i think i ever spent.

Do not post links to warez on this forum. Do not ask for them either.

I kinda expected that response. I will not post links like that again.

If he missed them, and wants them again, he can PM me.

I've got both ME1 and ME2, but I haven't completed the first one. It's not as good as the second, I think. I prefer to play as a soldier, and, have two soldiers backing me up. (Garrus and Grunt. Fuck yes.) However, I have a problem with it. It's my comp, I think. I played ME2 through once, no problem. Played it again after getting rid of save files to try and get a perfect ending, and it was really laggy. Even loading screen cutscenes were slow as shit, and stopped every now and then. My computer can play ANYTHING I put into it at the highest graphics setting, almost flawlessy. (With the exception of Crysis 2. Lags a little bit.) I tried uninstalling it, and it wasn't laggy anymore. Then I loaded it up the nest day, slow as shit again. May be a little off-topic, but can anyone help? I don't want to play ME3 with a backstory from the second I don't want.

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

My biggest problem with DLC is most companies seem to be using it as an excuse to not make a full on Expansion yet still charge for game additions. Not always, but too often.

as for this thread, ME2 on hardest difficulty as a vanguard. So much fun.

Retired Forum Moderator

Not at all. I'm a fan of both, but ME1 was easily my favorite because it was more RPG than TPS. Sure, ME2 has a lot of different sidequests and such, but I felt the decisions in ME1 were more complex, and much harder to make. I like the fact that my decisions took the game where I wanted it to go. In ME2 I usually ended up having to make very simple decisions, and they usually just changed how I gave a certain response. I either had to say something dick-ish or really nice.

Also, sorry about responding a month later.

"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, EVERYONE DIES!" - Gordon Freeman