Mass Effect: Thread

I want the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC. Seems like the only one worth the money.

You should, its definately the best dlc of the lot. Arrival though sets up the start of mass effect 3

Arrival just looks like a cash-in to keep the ME fans happy IMO, looks like the worst of the proper DLC. All of those weapon packs look like over-priced BS though so I definitely wont be getting them.

Arrival just looks like a cash-in to keep the ME fans happy IMO, looks like the worst of the proper DLC. All of those weapon packs look like over-priced BS though so I definitely wont be getting them.

Torrents are the poor gamer's best friend.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Even if it is, it's still a really good DLC. All of them are really. Arrival will actually make a significant impact at the start of ME3.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I've only started using torrents to games I literally can't get anywhere else (apart from second-hand, seeing as that doesn't support the devs at all anyway), like Theif 2.

I want the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC. Seems like the only one worth the money.

You should, its definately the best dlc of the lot. Arrival though sets up the start of mass effect 3

Arrival works well as a DLC, but once again Bioware pulls the LOLRETCON that the Reapers now have a super-duper Mass Relay. Some really interesting tid-bits in it though, about Batarian - Human relations, plus Lance Henrikson is in it. Therefore win.

That's not really a retcon, more of a twist ending.

*SPOILER* Why would the Reapers use the citadel if they just have this magic relay? It's...deus ex machina.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

*SPOILER* Why would the Reapers use the citadel if they just have this magic relay? It's...deus ex machina.

*SPOILER* We have spoiler tags now...

USE THEM!!!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

*SPOILER* We have spoiler tags now...

USE THEM!!!

Well that was a darn big spoiler. Apologies.

Ah, they have a Mass Effect thread here? It's dying on every other forum i'm on.

My life is now saved and has purpose again.

Based on the fact that the Rachni Queen during the Rachni Wars was presumably indoctrinated, the Reapers had been flying through dark space for at least two thousand years before the events of the Mass Effect games. They presumably set up the Citadel as a Mass Relay to save them the journey.

Ah, they have a Mass Effect thread here? It's dying on every other forum i'm on.

My life is now saved and has purpose again.

Based on the fact that the Rachni Queen during the Rachni Wars was presumably indoctrinated, the Reapers had been flying through dark space for at least two thousand years before the events of the Mass Effect games. They presumably set up the Citadel as a Mass Relay to save them the journey.

yeah I can imagine flying between star clusters would be a pretty boring commute. The company would be horrible and 'I spy' would become almost useless

yeah I can imagine flying between star clusters would be a pretty boring commute. The company would be horrible and 'I spy' would become almost useless

Heh, heh, heh. Intragalactic I-spy. Marvellous.

You ever wonder what would happen if the Reapers appeared and they were friendly? How would that work? They wouldn't be able to go into houses that's for sure.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

They'd probably have to go get their own planet or something. I don't think anyone would trust them.

"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, EVERYONE DIES!" - Gordon Freeman

By Galactic law, all artificial intelligences must be destroyed (or controlled) upon contact.

I doubt cyborgs would fare much better in the eyes of the Council, though i doubt they'd be stupid enough to attack the Reapers.

These rules are prone to changing soon, though, i'd imagine, given the recent social negotiations with the Virtual Aliens. Could be good news for Legion's Geth in an alleged Mass Effect 3 aftermath.

Reapers being completely friendly would likely imply them following the Council's orders whilst trying to set themselves up as a recognised Citadel species.

The Treaty of Farixen allows one dreadnought for every species for every three the Asari and Salarians have, and five the Turians have. Not sure about the Humans, actually.

Though this is another rule that the Citadel would have to break in order to set up any recognised connections with the Reapers; i'd imagine every Reaper would be considered a dreadnought. I don't know what the rules would be for a species attempting to join the Citadel with too many dreadnoughts. I doubt it's ever actually happened.

It's a bit hard to imagine. The Reapers wanting to set up connections with the Coucil would be difficult on account of the facts that..

• 1) The Reapers' presence is in and of itself a threat.
    2) It is against the Council's ethics to accept them as a species.
    3) If peace is assumed, the Reapers don't actually need anything from the Council.
    4) ???
    5) Profit!

I finished completing my crew in ME2. It's awesome.

But as long as I play I want to cry why Kotor2 wasn't like ME. WHY!? :(

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"