Post your setup!

2 hours ago, sheridanm962 said:

Some games and simulators (BeamNG.Drive etc) need 16GB of RAM to run normally. I've run into issues when playing and putting in an extra 8GB helped a lot.

I actually just tested PUBG and even though I do not have exact benchmarks the game did feel a lot smoother. My FPS in the different maps tended to hover around 90-100-110 FPS and it is now at over 110 all the time fluctuating between 110 and 130 and even 140 sometimes. The difference is very, very noticeable. The extra smoothness makes the game a bit more responsive. I'm a happy man now. 

FYI, the reason the sticks are shown as 2133 is because that's exactly what they are... That 3000 is what they are rated to overclock to, but they are natively a 2133 stick. (my 3200 sticks are native 2133 as well)

Your system isn't that far off from mine for performance, apart from you having a dedicated GPU already. (I'm having to save up for a Vega 56 for mine)

Edited by BTGBullseye

On 6/13/2019 at 3:30 AM, BTGBullseye said:

FYI, the reason the sticks are shown as 2133 is because that's exactly what they are... That 3000 is what they are rated to overclock to, but they are natively a 2133 stick. (my 3200 sticks are native 2133 as well)

Your system isn't that far off from mine for performance, apart from you having a dedicated GPU already. (I'm having to save up for a Vega 56 for mine)

Thanks for the clarification! 

It is a great time to be a PC enthusiast. CPUs from both AMD and Intel are pretty damn good. RAM prices are back down and are even cheaper than before the price spikes begun. Even though GPUs have ramped up in price you can get used GPUs that still perform great from previous generations from excellent prices and APUs are competent as fuck. I love it. That Vega 56 will make your system an even stronger beast.

Yup. It's a good stepping stone to my goal of an RTX 2080ti... Only costs $240 right now for a decent new one. Could get a 64 for $300, but I definitely don't want the blower style. (too noisy)

21 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Yup. It's a good stepping stone to my goal of an RTX 2080ti... Only costs $240 right now for a decent new one. Could get a 64 for $300, but I definitely don't want the blower style. (too noisy)

What is so demanding that you need a 2080ti for? the Vega 56 should allow you to run most games (that are not extremely demanding) at 1080p/144hz. I'd dare say you could even run a Vive easily with a Vega 56. 

It's not a question of "need"... I just want to be able to do real-time raytracing in the 2 games that I expect to get that will have it... Mechwarrior 5, and Cyberpunk 2077.