Post your setup!

On 11/7/2019 at 1:56 PM, RaTcHeT302 said:

final final update v2 2032

The last 4 numbers are the year, not a version number. ;)

14 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

yeh, it wasn't a mistake

It was to try and limit the number of updates though. ;)

On 11/6/2019 at 5:12 AM, BTGBullseye said:

Got an ASRock

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee

I as well used to think that ASRock is a great combination of low price, good peripheral functionality and feature-rich BIOS, but their motherboards fail me so reliably that it crosses any and all boundaries of statistical uncertainty. I had to deal with five (all different models), and not a single one of them worked for more than a couple years. Last two of them failed one month after the warranty ran out. I swear, there are some engineering geniuses working at ASRock's Planned Obsolescence Department.

1 hour ago, ScumCoder said:

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee

I as well used to think that ASRock is a great combination of low price, good peripheral functionality and feature-rich BIOS, but their motherboards fail me so reliably that it crosses any and all boundaries of statistical uncertainty. I had to deal with five (all different models), and not a single one of them worked for more than a couple years. Last two of them failed one month after the warranty ran out. I swear, there are some engineering geniuses working at ASRock's Planned Obsolescence Department.

Was that also back when they were a subsidiary of ASUS and were relegated to the lowest-end parts? Also, did you contact their support for that barely out of warranty failure, or did you just assume they wouldn't be decent people willing to help you out? I've had a few interactions with their support team, and no bad experiences yet... Heck, I flat out told them that I basically fried my motherboard and CPU due to accidentally setting an overclocking voltage WAY too high and letting it run like that for over a month, and they still replaced the motherboard for free. (AMD replaced the CPU with an upgraded one as well, even with the same story of essentially voiding my warranty)

So far ASRock is also the only one to make Micro-ATX boards for the higher-end chipsets that aren't extortionate in pricing. (like the X570M Pro4)