• Babylon 5
    • Stargate
    • Farscape
    • The Twilight Zone
    • Starship Troopers
    • Dr. Who
    • Star Wars (episodes 1, 2, & 3)

But not 2001? I mean, I did request it.

2001 doesn't have a large enough following... Look for a fan site, if you can find one that has more than 100 members, then I'll add it to the poll. (that's my criteria)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/2001-A-Space-Odyssey/108299702523996

254,000 people liked it on facebook.

Couldn't find a sizable "fan site", but I'd assume that's because big fans of the movie and books are just movie buffs, as well as likely not being a part of the internet generation, since the movie is from '67.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the movie and books, and it had never crossed my mind to go to a "fan site".

Couldn't find a sizable "fan site", but I'd assume that's because big fans of the movie and books are just movie buffs, as well as likely not being a part of the internet generation, since the movie is from '67.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the movie and books, and it had never crossed my mind to go to a "fan site".

Even movie buffs use fan sites if they want more of the movies they like.

Starship Troopers just barely made it onto the poll... Everything else has multiple movies/episodes, but since it has a game I counted it.

I thought I had that in my requirements too... Has to have a sequel, or something else directly related to it... (game, sequel, prequel, etc.) 2001 doesn't as far as I've been able to find, and I don't see anything in the works either.

Oh, another thing, sci-fi fantasy is out as well...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I want to make Fan fictions of NASA's history in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. That doesn't qualify as Science Fiction apparently

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I thought I had that in my requirements too... Has to have a sequel, or something else directly related to it... (game, sequel, prequel, etc.) 2001 doesn't as far as I've been able to find, and I don't see anything in the works either.

There were two films and four books. I'm more a fan of the first book and first movie (the second movie wasn't great) but they are all still part of the same series.

Anyway, if you don't think the fanbase is very big, that's fine. perhaps an "Other (please specify)" option would be best.

I want to make Fan fictions of NASA's history in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. That doesn't qualify as Science Fiction apparently

Science Fiction = Literary fantasy involving the imagined impact of science on society.

So if it's an alternate result of those events, (or alternate events and results) then yes it would be Science Fiction.

There were two films and four books. I'm more a fan of the first book and first movie (the second movie wasn't great) but they are all still part of the same series.

Anyway, if you don't think the fanbase is very big, that's fine. perhaps an "Other (please specify)" option would be best.

What other movie? I couldn't find anything about one.

Also, I'm not including books in the criteria for this particular poll. (I'l be making a literary poll later)

I remember Enterprise being pretty decent, although I wasn't so keen on the Xindi story-ark.

As for the Elite Force games, I enjoyed the original more.

Still, you people are saying Babylon 5 is worth watching? I'll have to look in to it if so...

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Still, you people are saying Babylon 5 is worth watching? I'll have to look in to it if so...

It is worth watching, though it just isn't quite to my taste personally... I gave it an 8.3/10...

What other movie? I couldn't find anything about one.

Also, I'm not including books in the criteria for this particular poll. (I'l be making a literary poll later)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_(film)

And why wouldn't you include books? The topic is "What kind of Sci-Fi Fan are you?" and books are certainly a type of sci-fi, just as movies, tv shows, and video games are.

It is unique, I'll give it that. Where Star Trek was about exploring space, Babylon 5 is more political as it takes place on a space station rather than an actual space ship.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I did not see this, thank you. However, it still doesn't meet the requirements though...

And why wouldn't you include books? The topic is "What kind of Sci-Fi Fan are you?" and books are certainly a type of sci-fi, just as movies, tv shows, and video games are.

Because books are typically a different form of Science Fiction that I wouldn't classify as "Sci-Fi"...

And as I already mentioned, I will be making a specific thread for literary Science Fiction later.

Because books are typically a different form of Science Fiction that I wouldn't classify as "Sci-Fi"...

And as I already mentioned, I will be making a specific thread for literary Science Fiction later.

It would probably have been a good idea to make that more clear in your topic description. A lot of people can misinterpret it.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

It would probably have been a good idea to make that more clear in your topic description. A lot of people can misinterpret it.

Eh... They can read the rest of the thread, and find the clarifications, if they like reading enough to make that big of a deal...

If we're talking literary SF, I enjoy the works of Asimov, Clarke, Heinlein, Niven, POurnelle, and Douglas Adams.

I'm also a big fan of alternate universe science fiction, including Harry Turtledove, Eric Flint, and Robert Conroy.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

If I could have voted Farscape three times I would have. Absolutely the best sci-fi series I have ever witnessed. And the only one on the pole with only one human throughout. Everyone else was an Aussie accented alien!

farscape.jpg