ROSS'S YOUTUBE DEMONETIZATION SPECTACULAR

Hey Ross, if I might state my preference for the next video, I'd prefer something shorter that comes out before Halloween than something longer that doesn't. Your Halloween videos are always the highlight of the season, as far as stuff on the internet is concerned...even if they come out as late as Halloween Day. Feel free to ignore this, I'm just one fan stating my preference.

Also does anyone know of anyone else who puts out good Halloween videos each year? I feel like I need to expand my spooky horizons.

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

Saw this clip the day it was posted and was a piece of vlogger art. Great design and organization, good content on a bad situation - filled with the right questions and satisfying answers. Would recommend to board of directors meeting.

I seem to recall charts and documented evidence, court hearings and casual video-watchers would be pleased to see this - offers much content to chew over.

On 9/27/2017 at 12:21 AM, Ross Scott said:

Go watch the videos I mentioned if you need some cheering up. Brave Dave may be more of an acquired taste, if you're not hooked after the first freight hop, then you'll know if it's for you or not.

Hey, I know I'm 4 years late but I wanted to share my gratitude about Brave Dave's videos, in particular his Big Fat Freight Hop. Some days ago I was bored so I re-watched this video of yours, but this time I went ahead and investigated what was this freight hopping about.

I'm not quite sure why, but I love it! I'm high in negative emotion but for some reason this just gives me good vibes, and I'm really enjoying it. My soul is a bit fuller after every freight hop this man makes.

Sorry for the thread-necromancy, I just needed to share that. Thanks.

brave dave's big fat freight hop was one of the greatest things i've ever seen

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

Hi, I'm from 2017's future! Things sure are still looking like that economically.

The go to response is to blame Capitalism, but that's a response for those who don't understand the problem, but can see there is a problem, and want to fit in.

However, what most people don't realize is what's happening is the results of debts piling up as a result of mistakes piling up. People make mistakes, and lead corporations to make mistakes, and those mistakes result in not meeting speculated goals that they would have had to reach in order to pay off the debt needed to get the money to attempt the things that became the mistakes. Then, they have to squeeze something harder, either their employees or their customers or something, to make up the difference. Those customers might then have to squeeze their customers and employees, and so on and so on. Scale this up to an entire country, or the whole world, and everyone's feeling the squeeze.

And the point is all just to keep making payments on debts, and that includes national debts.

What's the solution? Well, certain people (*cough* worldeconomicforum *cough*) have just been floating the idea of selling society into slavery through programmable digital currency, one country at a time. Everyone knows that's wrong, but I'm the paranoid moron for thinking it can actually happen, which it certainly can if no one can complain about it. And of course the cool solution all the cool kids are talking about is abolishing the ability of anyone to accumulate enough of anything to do anything with (i.e. abolish capital), or giving that up in exchange for letting robots do all the work, because that surely won't leave humanity enslaved by the machines or anyone being bored out of their minds, and surely, unlike all the previous times someone's tried that, we definitely won't see the rich dickheads just taking everything and owning it all while saying they're just keeping it for everyone.

Kind of like how "zero trust computing" really just means putting all your trust in Microsoft. 

But the real solution was invented thousands of years ago. Just forgive all debts every seven years. And not like what's been recently done, with student loans, that just added the student loan debt to the national debt! I mean tell people that every seven years a lender is told "now you'll quit harassing that guy about the money he owes you, or we'll put you in jail, deal with it". Not that this doesn't have it's own set of problems, the "seven year" time frame was meant for a pre-industrial society after all. But it would go a long way to stop everyone from being under this kind of pressure.

Are you really calling people naive for condemning vertical economic hierarchy while ALSO asking "why don't the people who built the system to benefit themselves NOT do the thing that doesn't directly immediately benefit them"? Why do you think we're NOT having debt forgiven? It's not some bug in the code, it's a natural result of the way things are built.

Edited by Shaddy (see edit history)

On 10/31/2022 at 2:08 AM, Shaddy said:

Are you really calling people naive for condemning vertical economic hierarchy while ALSO asking "why don't the people who built the system to benefit themselves NOT do the thing that doesn't directly immediately benefit them"? Why do you think we're NOT having debt forgiven? It's not some bug in the code, it's a natural result of the way things are built.

Indeed. It is a natural result because anything else would be unnatural. Regulations must exist to prop up our ever complicated world, but they should be the exception, not the rule. 

E.g, dept forgiveness is generally economic poison, but if a complete total lack of leeway will cause far greater ruin, then some concessions must be made.

Edited by Im_CIA (see edit history)

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"