Sick Leave

Sign in to follow this  

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

This is a quick update I'm doing to let people know everything is on hold. I've been wavering in and out of a complete state of misery the past few days, being sick with something. I was able to see a doctor today and have been diagnosed with Tracheitis. It's much more than a sore throat as it can be an effort to do much of anything in my current state. So while any voicework is off the table, I can't guarantee I'll get much else done either. This also makes me think fast zombies are ridiculous, because feeling like a zombie, I can say moving slow + occasional lunging makes much more sense.

I've had some medications prescribed to me however, so hopefully I'll get better over the coming week. The next videochat with fans is postponed for sure; I'm pushing it back to January 14th, but nothing is guaranteed until I get better. You don't have to be too worried about me as I'm pretty tough, but it does mean NOTHING is happening for the time being. If I get better over the next few days, I'll try and catch up on emails or work on the website, but this has hit me hard enough that everything is going to be postponed as long as it needs to be.

COMMENTS

That's kind of creepy. Another Youtuber in the UK is also sick with something, and everyone around here is also sick with something. So much so that they had to close the store I work at early.

I've never heard of Tracheitis, but it sounds bad, like something Freeman would be blowing up in Zen. Glad you're taking it easy. Feel better soon, Ross!

I prayed for you to get better. I know you probably don't believe in God but that doesn't mean He doesn't believe in you. I think we've lost control of things that cause problems like this because of the Fall of Man, but God is helping us win that control back gradually, to the extent that we can show we're responsible enough to use that power for good. It's really tough that we can get sick in the meantime though.

I bet the faster zombies got shot by caffeine bullets or something.

Anyway Ross, just take things easy and get better at your own pace. All things considered I'm surprised you've gone this long before contracting anything serious, so we'll make due till you're feeling 100%. Thanks for working so hard for us.

Don't let the Xen germs get you mr.Scottman!

FM2 EP6 was great! Way better than what I've imagined it could be, back when I watched FM1 and played hl2 (again and again) Anyways let the full health find you soon and keep on being awesome!

Hey man, you are probably the hardest working person I know so you definitely deserve a break!

I hope your wife has tied you to a place where you can't work so you actually get some rest.

Hoping for your swift recovery!

Tis the season for sickness of some kind or another.

Don't worry man, take a rest, get better, we're all old friends of waiting at this point, and we'll be here when you're back in fighting form.

Long is the way; and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light-Paradise Lost

By the power of truth, while I live, I have conquered the universe-Faust

The only absolute is that there are no absolutes, except that one

Vae Victus-Brennus

I think the culprit could be that barnacle monster that got you a couple FM episodes back causing you to throw up in the Source engine! haha

In all seriousness, feel better Ross!

This also makes me think fast zombies are ridiculous, because feeling like a zombie, I can say moving slow + occasional lunging makes much more sense.

These kind of "Rossisms" are how I know it's really you posting this. :lol:

Get well soon.