April fools video?

Well, replace joke with running gag then, or anything you would like to call it. It still hasn't been funny for several years.

A funny once... (read Robert Heinlein's 'The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress', the AI learning about humor)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Well, replace joke with running gag then, or anything you would like to call it. It still hasn't been funny for several years.

Oh I agree! It was something very interesting in the game. It was part of the whole quirkiness, but it got grabbed and turned into a meme and quoted in every time of context. I honestly don't understand that at all. It's like, I personally love Catburry's cream eggs, but I wouldn't eat them at every meal.

You guys are too serious. I find it hilarious.

I find it just as boring and unoriginal as the "over 9000" thing...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Well, no cake for you. Just the promise of cake Cracks me up every time.

Just one question: what is this "over 9000" thing you're referring to?

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

You guys are too serious. I find it hilarious.

But it is over 9000..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh.. I didn't even know that was a meme.

Almost everything that is annoying becomes a meme

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You guys are too serious. I find it hilarious. :mrgreen:

I guess your problem must be either that you don't like memes in general, or just 'overused' ones. I don't laugh every time I hear it, but I see it more as a quote, and quotes don't necessarily become worse if they're quoted very often. They become less original, that's for sure, and I guess they get annoying if you really see them ALL THE TIME, but I'm fine with them because they're usually quoted in context.

So I totally understand that some people grow tired of them, but I hope I made enough sense to explain why not everyone is getting tired of them (namely, that quotes do not tire ME in this way... now if we were talking about a piece of music that would be a different thing.).

Gamers are generally more intelligent than the average person, I actually feel insulted at how bad and obvious most April Fools jokes coming out of gaming websites are.

I think we gamers have our fair share of stupidity too.

Indeed, in fact I think it's fair to say that stupidity exists everywhere, it's not exclusive to any one country or subject.

However, this is quite off topic now so any further discussion on the proliferation of stupidity should be done in a separate thread. :)

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Gamers are generally more intelligent than the average person

Laughing.png

It's rare to see such a perfect reply like this.

You know a thread just got serious when Ross replies to it. Aw yeah.

When I was like 8 I had a friend with a surname Kuzmanović, and we were making nicknames for him.So,we called him Kuzma/Kuzman,or,kuz.In Serbian,''milking'' [a cow] is said ''muze'',so I started calling him Kuz-muz,moving my hands like I'm milking a cow.