Syria...

Will America launch an Attack on the Syrian Goverment?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Will America launch an Attack on the Syrian Goverment?

• Yes, but it will be a slap on the wrist.
    • Yes, and it will be a major intervention leading to a paradigm shift.
    • No.
    • Bingo Bango Bungo I'm so happy in the jungle I refuse to go.

Sign in to follow this  

Things have been heating up again on the international level following the Syrian regime's alleged chemical attack and Trumps vowing a deadly response. What will come of it?

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

That last option was too good to pass up... On that note, I have no idea what happened because I haven't been paying that much attention to the news in recent weeks.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

He ordered a small strike (80 tomahawks.. heh) last year, so I wouldn't put it past him to launch another volley. But Russia isn't playing ball this time around, and while Trump waged his twitter campaign, most of the Syrian air force moved to the Russian airstrips. The only way Trump can cause any damage now is by significantly upping the ante.

By the sounds of things so far, Option 1 seems to be the victor.

Unified military strike by the US, France, and UK to hit 3 sites related to Chemical Weapons Research, Storage, and Manufacture in Syria.

All and all, I was the one who voted No, I doubted any major operation would take place, and all things considered I'd say this was the "safe" targets to choose without much risk of a full escalation. But it looks and sounds like it'll be a slap on the wrist.

A bigger slap on the wrist than last year, to be sure, but one all the same.

Long is the way; and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light-Paradise Lost

By the power of truth, while I live, I have conquered the universe-Faust

The only absolute is that there are no absolutes, except that one

Vae Victus-Brennus

Yeah, this was a proxy war that American lost back in 2015, when Russia took the initiative. From here, they really only had two options: escalate things and risk a much wider conflict, or cut losses and just pretend to do something for the sake of sustaining their rhetoric. Looks like they went with option B.

Hell, even Russia didn't back up their rhetoric. They threatened retaliation if anything happened, most they did was just public condemnation.

Granted, the 3 were very smart in that they specifically chose to not hit anything anywhere near Russian assets, but it bears noting that they basically called their bluff and nothing happened.

Which makes this whole thing interesting from a Cold War 2.0 perspective in that it basically just proved that neither party has any desire to actually engage WW3 at the present time over Syria, good for all of us.

Long is the way; and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light-Paradise Lost

By the power of truth, while I live, I have conquered the universe-Faust

The only absolute is that there are no absolutes, except that one

Vae Victus-Brennus

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 85 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.