Your Favourite HL2 Weapon

What is your favourite HL2 "wepon"?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite HL2 "wepon"?

• Machine Gun (with attachable 'nade launcher)
    • The Overwatch Standard Issue Pulse Rifle
    • Shotgun
    • Pistol
    • Crowbar
    • The Zero-Point Energy Field Manipulator (aka "Gravity Gun")
    • RPG
    • Crossbow
    • Magnum
    • Other (such as the Antlion Bait)

The Revolver has a remarkable charm to it.. especially when you edit the sound effect to give it a bigger kick.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

The Revolver has a remarkable charm to it.. especially when you edit the sound effect to give it a bigger kick.

Or change it over to a Desert Eagle... (I love the DE)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Or change it over to a Desert Eagle... (I love the DE)

Most beautiful handgun in the world.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But what makes it awesome is that it becomes compatible with organic matter that way.

I don't think mass manipulation is a matter of compatibility, organisms are made of molecules just like crates, barrels, etc. The only reason you can not grab smaller enemies with the "orange" gravity gun is due to gameplay reasons; that ability would vastly overpower it. The supercharged gravity gun is a nifty idea that gives people a chance to do exactly what they dreamt about ever since first getting the weapon.

But what makes it awesome is that it becomes compatible with organic matter that way.

I don't think mass manipulation is a matter of compatibility, organisms are made of molecules just like crates, barrels, etc. The only reason you can not grab smaller enemies with the "orange" gravity gun is due to gameplay reasons; that ability would vastly overpower it. The supercharged gravity gun is a nifty idea that gives people a chance to do exactly what they dreamt about ever since first getting the weapon.

Good point, and I agree, definitely.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I'm such a magnum nut, I feel like a badass straight out of a sci-fi western when I hold that thing.

magnums have always been a favorite of mine, I'm not a huge gun nut (I'm a knife fan.) but I'll go shooting a magnum any day.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I'm such a magnum nut, I feel like a badass straight out of a sci-fi western when I hold that thing.

magnums have always been a favorite of mine, I'm not a huge gun nut (I'm a knife fan.) but I'll go shooting a magnum any day.

You should call yourself Dirty Hamburglar.

You should call yourself Dirty Hamburglar.

I could roll with that nickname.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Its strange, but I like grenades most. I dont know why, but the red light trail that it leaves when thrown remids me of that first time i played hl2. I also love pheropods (the antlion thingy), because I like that you can control anlions and you dont even have to use your weapons in some fights

I am actually surprised that the RPG has no votes, lol. It might be my third choice(second being the Magnum).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My first choice is the shotgun. Headshots + Sprinting can be an effective way to end fights, especially with the second barrel option. I'll also usually avoid reloading maunually so I can get the pump at the end of the reload. It makes me feel badass.

Then the magnum. The spin on the end of the reload makes it cool.

My first choice is the shotgun. Headshots + Sprinting can be an effective way to end fights. Especially with the second barrel option. I'll also usually avoid reloading maunually so I can get the pump at the end of the reload. It makes me feel badass.

Yes, it does. Dirty Gordon strikes hard with magnum force.

My first choice is the shotgun. Headshots + Sprinting can be an effective way to end fights, especially with the second barrel option. I'll also usually avoid reloading maunually so I can get the pump at the end of the reload. It makes me feel badass.

Yeah, since you can actually skip it it is completely useless. But it feels so good to do it.

Love me some pump-action

¯\_(ツ)_/¯