Anime Thread

Sign in to follow this  

It's tough, but i'd probably go with Big O. Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, and Rurouni Kenshin are some of my other favorites.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

[attachment=0]Infinite Justice Gundam.jpg[/attachment]

Mobile Suit GUNDAM: Seed Destiny

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

Series: Mushi-shi. The most relaxing seinen series I have ever seen.

mushishi.jpgxjaymanx777_mushi-shi.jpg?w=630

Film: Difficult, since I have favourites in many different genres. The Ghost in the Shell movies are very good, but I couldn't watch them with just anyone. For sheer entertainment value: My Neighbor Totoro. Grave of the Fireflies is a close second. Very sad movie though.

myneighbourtotoro12.jpg

My favourite manga would be Eden: It's an Endless World.

10924.jpg

Edit: No wait, I just remembered Blame!. It's quite epic. Not much text, just endless pages of pretty psycho art.

blame1.jpg

Gintama

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, but only because of the "Pony!" scene that alphabetagamma was so gracious as to link to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KXf3kwjKQ0

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I like most anime, I don't like creepy/violent anime. The ease of creating the otherwise impossible/difficult has it's ups and downs I suppose. I watched the first season of Zero no Tsukaima, unfortunately, I watched the English subbed version which is only season 1, so the change to original Japanese voices in season 2 kind of ruined it for me :( . But other than that I haven't watched any other series.

You mean dubbed. Subbed is subtitles. XD

And yes, i watched first season dubbed but I wanted to complete the series so watched the other 2 subbed. now I only watched subbed as I like Louise's japanese VA better.

So, I'm currently watching Deadman Wonderland while waiting for The new episodes of Ao no Exorcist to come out.

Retired Forum Moderator

Deadman Wonderland is kinda screwed up... I'm curious of what'll become of this series as episode 4 is already pretty intense.

Edit: this thread really should just be titled "anime thread" as "favorite anime" seems a bit too narrowed down. Could get more discussion otherwise.

Retired Forum Moderator

that's not anime.

What isn't? Deadman Wonderland? It most certainly is. I'm watching a japanese cartoon by that name via a site called anime ultima.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadman_Wonderland "An anime adaptation began airing in April 2011."

28.png

And if you mean Zero no Tsukaima, is too as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Familiar_of_Zero "The series has been adapted three times as an anime series."

8223cc86c48d20_full.jpg

yeah....

If you happen to be talking about something else, then you really should have specified. ^_^

Retired Forum Moderator

I shall provide you with a list (not numbered) of my favourite Anime.

Cowboy Bebop

Ghost in the Shell (Films & series)

Bleach

Akira

Dragon Ball Z

Gundam Series

And a few others I've forgot...

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

oh this is rich. I'm reading a description of Manyuu Hikenchou, an anime that's currently in the making, and one of the lines was:

"In this current era, breasts mean everything. If you have breasts, you are guaranteed wealth and popularity. If you lack them, you are rarely considered “human”."

In think I can already predict the rest of this series. Makes me wonder if I should even bother with it or look for something more intelligent.

Retired Forum Moderator

oh this is rich. I'm reading a description of Manyuu Hikenchou, an anime that's currently in the making, and one of the lines was:

"In this current era, breasts mean everything. If you have breasts, you are guaranteed wealth and popularity. If you lack them, you are rarely considered “human”."

In think I can already predict the rest of this series. Makes me wonder if I should even bother with it or look for something more intelligent.

Reminds me of a comment I saw on YouTube: "In anime, all the guys look like girls, all the girls look like pedobait, and good luck finding the women behind their wall of massive cleavage."

That's a very grim view into that person's warped sense of reality.

I think I can already tell where this anime is heading...

... Pervertville County.

Reminds me of a comment I saw on YouTube: "In anime, all the guys look like girls, all the girls look like pedobait, and good luck finding the women behind their wall of massive cleavage."

That's another thing, I don't understand how people could be attracted to that sort of thing. I've seen some women in a few animes that look like their breasts are heavy enough to break their spine, I just don't find it appealing... :|

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I've seen that comment too, Aby. And yeah, I'm just gonna skip past this anime. I've gotten numerous recommendations from friends about Hidan no Aria so I'm watching that. seems promising, even if aria is as annoying as she is...

Edit: end description for the perverted one:

Written on a secret scroll possessed by the clan, there is said to be various techniques on how to grow big and beautiful breasts. Chifusa is to be successor of the clan. However, she takes the secret scroll and runs away with it, hoping to fight against the cruel world that the Manyuu Clan has created…

Still not gonna watch it. -.-

Retired Forum Moderator

Written on a secret scroll possessed by the clan, there is said to be various techniques on how to grow big and beautiful breasts. Chifusa is to be successor of the clan. However, she takes the secret scroll and runs away with it, hoping to fight against the cruel world that the Manyuu Clan has created…

Jesus H. Tap dancing Christ...

... This is going to be another anime that the creator based off his fantasies, isn't it?

Has anyone even mentioned Haruhi or Clannad in here? >_>

*personally insulted*