Anime Thread

Sign in to follow this  

Can anyone recamend a good anime that I can watch without fear of my parents walking in on it?

Darker than Black

Durarara

Pumpkin Scissors

there's more but I'm blanking out right now.

Retired Forum Moderator

well yeah but I'm trying to suggest things that haven't been posted a thousand times. :P

Retired Forum Moderator

Can anyone recamend a good anime that I can watch without fear of my parents walking in on it?

[*] Witch Hunter Robin

[*] Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood)

[*] Death Note

[*] Neon Genesis Evangelion

[*] Cowboy Bepbop

[*] Wolf's Rain (I had to stop watching this 'cause it was too much of a Final Fantasy/Digimon reunion for me)

[*] Digimon (Do note some of the jokes are kid friendly, only because it was edited with kids in mind, but if it wasn't, I'm sure it would of gotten more/older followers when it came out.)

That's all for now.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I think he means anime he wouldn't have to explain to his parents why he's watching, but if blood is something that is an issue than I will say Darker than Black may be a bit edgy as well. Quite a few hard to watch moments. Hell, the first 5 minutes of the show has one when a guy intentionally dislocates his own middle finger and relocates it afterwards.

now to go hunt down more good ones.

Edit:

S-Cry-Do

Trigun

Gungrave

Gurren Lagann(Actually, watch this first. it's like the required reading of anime. It's how you successfully go over the top.)

Ghost in the Shell

Rurouni Kenshin (at least up to the end of the shishio ark. series kinda went downhill fast after that.)

Great Teacher Onizuka

Well, actually, that last one is edgy, very edgy at times, but it's one of the funniest I've ever seen. THis is one of the few where I prefer the dub over sub, simply because Steve Blum(onizuka) really shines in this one. For those who don't know, Steve Blum also did Spike Speigels voice in Cowboy Bebop. ONe of my fav voice actors. :3

Those all SHOULD have Dubbed versions if you don't like sub.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Retired Forum Moderator

I used to be into little kid, Americanized anime where the plot is handed to you on a silver platter, but I quickly got bored of Pokemon and Sonic X and started lurking through YouTube. I'm currently pretty interested in Gurren Lagann, 30% for it's awesomeness, 70% for Yoko, but that's besides the point :lol:

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Sonic X sucked compared to the Sonic shows I grew up on. I loved both Adventures of Sonic and what people refer to as "SatAM" though I just refer to it as Sonic. SatAM seems a bit... I dunno, stupid, since it was never actually in the title and here it didn't always show on saturday mornings but also sunday mornings. And as an oldschool Sonic fan, I can't stand it when people refer to Robotnik as "Eggman". But apparently that's his name...

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I've gotten to the point where I prefer things that are unique. I don't like reskin animes where it feels like nothing new is innovative or creative. Hell, that Princess Princess anime I mentioned in the random thread is actually enjoyable simply because of how out of the ordinary and funny it is.

Retired Forum Moderator

Well lately I've hit a dry patch. :S so many anime stereotypes popping up in new animes. It's like these writers look at something and go "That's successful, let me take the story, incidents, etc, and change out the characters and artwork. It'll be the same and NO ONE WILL KNOW ABOUT IT." -.- It does get a bit annoying when people say to you "watch it, it's good" and then you realize just how cliche it is.

Retired Forum Moderator

Possible.

I should start reviewing anime lol. I've seen enough of them, I think I can get away with a few. :P

Retired Forum Moderator

Sometimes I wonder how many cartoon channels they have in Japan and how they schedule them so that everyone gets to watch what they want. I honestly thought as a kid that all that existed in the anime world was Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and DBZ. Seriously. I was raised American, dammit! :D

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Possible.

I should start reviewing anime lol. I've seen enough of them, I think I can get away with a few. :P

Sure, would love to read some reviews.

Sometimes I wonder how many cartoon channels they have in Japan and how they schedule them so that everyone gets to watch what they want. I honestly thought as a kid that all that existed in the anime world was Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and DBZ. Seriously. I was raised American, dammit! :D

I actually didn't know those shows even was anime until I found out about it. I mean, yeah, they all had the same animation style but they were still just regular cartoons to me and everyone else. We didn't know it came from Japan or anything.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I did know that much, partly because of my friends making fun of the whole mouth sync thing, and partly because of Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon Cards.

I think he means anime he wouldn't have to explain to his parents why he's watching, but if blood is something that is an issue than I will say Darker than Black may be a bit edgy as well. Quite a few hard to watch moments. Hell, the first 5 minutes of the show has one when a guy intentionally dislocates his own middle finger and relocates it afterwards.

now to go hunt down more good ones.

Edit:

S-Cry-Do

Trigun

Gungrave

Gurren Lagann(Actually, watch this first. it's like the required reading of anime. It's how you successfully go over the top.)

Ghost in the Shell

Rurouni Kenshin (at least up to the end of the shishio ark. series kinda went downhill fast after that.)

Great Teacher Onizuka

Well, actually, that last one is edgy, very edgy at times, but it's one of the funniest I've ever seen. THis is one of the few where I prefer the dub over sub, simply because Steve Blum(onizuka) really shines in this one. For those who don't know, Steve Blum also did Spike Speigels voice in Cowboy Bebop. ONe of my fav voice actors. :3

Those all SHOULD have Dubbed versions if you don't like sub.

First, Thank you!

Second, FMA is not to edgy (FMA brotherhood is my fav)

Also I can appreciate why you like sub more that dub, but I like to be able to watch the animation and not just the text at the bottom of the screen, but you have to admit that the dub of death note is one of the best things humanity was done

non-euclidean fuck machine