ALL VIDEOS ON HOLD

Getting more back on track, I'd love to see an update from Ross, even if it's a "We're still alive and healthy, making progress on a new place to live" kind of message. Ross, feel free to copy and paste that if it's what's happening. Hope things are working out for you!

Any news Ross? Hope you are well and the situation is resolving itself. I hope that infestation isn't Orks.

While it's certainly not my «bzzness», but if moving out of Poland is still on the desk, and saving money on food and services is the primary criterion (while still having a decent life quality and assured internet connection) — there is a better choice than Ukraine, Crimea, Bulgaria, etc. It's Belarus. Food prices are about the same as Russia's (and cheaper, than Poland's), and services are way cheaper than just about anywhere else. See the comparison between neighboring countries: https://noi.md/ru/news_id/209137 (will require translation from Russian). Leaving Gdansk, one can save 100-200 $/month for house heating alone. Total services for a 50 sq.m. flat in Minsk is just about 15-25 $/month :shock:

An obvious drawback (for any such movings) — at least one of you (since you're with a lady) have to overcome the language barrier. Learning Belorussian may be a bit easy for a native Polish speaker, but learning Russian (which is omnipresent in Belarus and acts as a second official language) is more far-sighted: it's easy to find a good teacher for, you'd have to learn Cyrillic letters anyway, and there are much more Russian media and speakers to choose from. So if either of you would like to do that — start before moving.

Otherwise you're left with relocation within Poland only, which wouldn't bring on much savings. But here a tip anyway: don't rent a flat on a first nor last floor in a multi-store building. It'll be either cold and-or mouldy, or expensive.

While it's certainly not my «bzzness», but if moving out of Poland is still on the desk, and saving money on food and services is the primary criterion (while still having a decent life quality and assured internet connection) — there is a better choice than Ukraine, Crimea, Bulgaria, etc. It's Belarus.

I totally agree.

Also worth mentioning is that the relationship between Poland and Belarus is way warmer then between Poland and Russia, and about 3% of people living in Belarus are Poles.

As for the stereotypical "backwardness" of Belarus, Ross is living such a Spartan lifestyle that I am positive he won't even notice any difference except lower living expenses.

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

As someone who's been living in Belarus his whole life, I would advice anybody to think for about a hundred times before moving into the country. And while yes, rent prices are indeed lower and certain other things could be more beneficial, there's way too many factors I would consider major drawbacks. Ross is rather hardcore and quite stoic in his life's conditions acceptance and I'm fairly sure he would be able to live in an actual dungeon without any complains. But since he's not alone and since neither he, nor Magda speaks Russian (and learning Belarussian is a huge waste of time) they might have rough time in here.

I hope nothing bad happened to Ross, but if he's alright, going completely off the radar for a month is not cool. Takes 30 seconds to write a tweet and can be done from his phone in any cafe.

…who were seen by no one :)

I've seen them. I even killed a few during my service in ATO :)

As for your propaganda, you should try to at least somewhat change its format, way too obvious. Oh and hide the registration date ;)

Your boss will cut your payroll if he catches you slacking like this.

…who were seen by no one :)

Killing people isn't exactly something to brag about.

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

Hello!

As someone who's been a long-time lurker and overall fan off Ross' work I felt compelled to retell my experiences when it comes to the situation he's currently in. I'm no expert, but the procedure's been the same whenever the issue pops up. On three separate occasions (two when I was a teenager and one as an adult) I've come across mold infestations in the apartments I've lived in, and it's been the same procedure every time. Guess I could consider myself "lucky" to have this experience. The first two occasions this happened were by far the worst, and from personal experience I can tell that it does not matter whatsoever where you live or in how old of a house you have your tenements/apartments. Doesn't matter if you live in some substandard neighborhood in Poland or a middle/upper class apartment building in Sweden. Often it boils down to bad luck, or neglect in simple problems that've occurred by previous tenants or ignored by landlords.

In apartment buildings, Black Mold is 99% certain to grow from issues relating to your bathroom. A small crack in the floor's insulation or perhaps in the walls that causes water seepage often becomes a breeding farm for fungus and bacteria, which will quickly spread. A toilet that doesn't flush properly. An old busted sewage pipe. Even a faulty ventilation system can be a culprit, if condensation is allowed to form in the ducts and leak into the walls. In either way, over time it causes severe damage to wood, concrete and even plastic which sadly is often what buildings are made of. :shock:

This is very important! If you find signs of mold in your apartment, (even actual mushrooms growing out of the floor!) and there is a strong odor and you find it difficult to breathe, that means the mold has allowed the spores to spread from it's original source, often during the course of a long time. As others have stated, this can become very, very dangerous to your health. Not only that, it can -and will- spread to the rest of your apartment, and even to other floors if not dealt with. At this point there's only one solution.

The entire apartment needs to be renovated. Often this is too much to do on your own as construction equipment is needed, workers with respirators, etc. In all the cases I've experienced it, the floor needs to be completely removed in the -entire- apartment, the walls need to be thoroughly checked and if there are signs of mold they need to be torn down as well. If you're in the same situation I was the first two times, and are unfortunate enough to encounter a mold infestation in an apartment with wooden flooring, or where it's spread to multiple rooms, well... Everything has to go. Walls, floor, fixed furniture, toilets, bathtubs, piping, ventilation ducts, the layout of electrical outlets... Basically everywhere where the mold can infest. If worse comes to worse, the entire apartment must be emptied down to it's bare bones, how it was when it was first constructed. When that's done, they can start the lengthy process of clearing out the infestation which involves weeks (even months) of meticulously cleaning and drying the entire place inside and out until it's all clear. During this time me and my family always lived in temporary quarters as your apartment becomes completely unhabitable.

If this is what Ross and Magda are experiencing, I'd guess that the lack of updates simply boils down to that they've encountered something similar. And that they're now going through the same process, perhaps finding somewhere to live while it's being taken care of. Or just moving out entirely. It can be stressful and impactful on your life, so I think that all we can do is give them time to sort this mess.

I wish they'd have a quick announcement of "we're still alive" because I'm starting to fear the joke of them living in a Silent Hill 4 house wasn't too far fetched.

I have been following Ross's wife's twitter account (I won't link it here, just to be on the safe side) and it seems like they're doing okay. Ross is probably just focusing on improving their living situation before returning.

Xezr, during the times when you were living in temporary quarters, did you still go to work?

I was studying at the time but yep, no reason to stay home and do nothing. I guess it's got to take the time it takes.

Xezr, during the times when you were living in temporary quarters, did you still go to work?

I was studying at the time but yep, no reason to stay home and do nothing.

And that's my point. I can sympathize with Ross for this problem, but I can't believe he's unable to do ANY work at all on videos, even if things are so bad that they had to relocate to some temporary accommodation. Or at the very least post an update on his situation every few days.

Thanks to fan donations, Ross is able to work on videos full time. In a sense, this is his job. I don't think there's an employer anywhere in the world that would let you take a paid leave of absence of a month and a half (and counting) from your work, for ANY reason. Even in very worker-friendly countries like France, you get at most a week bereavement leave if a close relative dies. Ross has mold in his flat.

I don't think us fans have a right to expect anything, but IMO there should be some degree of accountability when you're taking money from people.

Mold in your flat doesn't sound very serious but like I explained, it really can be. You can lose your home, it can cost a lot of money... There's a lot to consider. And even when it's not as bad it can really wear on you heavily having to deal with it due to the risks, so you have to prioritize. It's like... Suddenly having this huge mess just dumped in your lap. Not all people are capable of just adapting and dealing with a crisis like it. I'm sure we'll see updates as soon as he'll have enough time.

Watch out folks, we have an Internet Tough Guy here.

I think it’s safe money to bet that the only time you held a weapon in your arms was some videogame (CoD probably?), and the only time you dealt with the Ukrainian military was when you were dodging the draft desperately trying to defer from service there.

As for your propaganda, you should try to at least somewhat change its format, way too obvious.

You all keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Of what I wrote, what exactly can be possibly considered propaganda? Calling people covered with swastikas and throwing the Hitler salute “fascists”? That’s not propaganda, that’s just calling a spade a spade.

Or maybe in your delirious world everything written in Russian is a lie? Sure, read some Western sources then:

A Fascist Hero in Democratic Kiev

How Ukraine Is Inventing a 'Jewish-Ukrainian Nationalist' to Whitewash Its Nazi-era Wartime Past

Murdered Jews in the 40's – hailed as heroes today

A forgotten conflict in Europe's heart

Just the first ones found with a quick web search.

Oh and hide the registration date ;)

Why in the world would I do that? Just how my registration date discredits me in any way? Or are you actually trying to imply that I’m some Russian Troll™ who registered on some godforsaken forum which is as far from politics as possible, several months before the Crimean referendum even became a thing, just to quietly sit for five years and comment on Ross’s videos, and then uncover himself with no reason, in order to answer to some random Russophobic post? If so, sweet Jesus… seek help, dude.

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

Why in the world would I do that? Just how my registration date discredits me in any way? Or are you actually trying to imply that I’m some Russian Troll™ who registered on some godforsaken forum which is as far from politics as possible, several months before the Crimean referendum even became a thing, just to quietly sit for five years and comment on Ross’s videos, and then uncover himself with no reason, in order to answer to some random Russophobic post? If so, sweet Jesus… seek help, dude.

Don’t worry bro, I’m sure most of us here believe your jingoism is 100% authentic and disinterested.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

My little gaming blog

https://corktowngaming.wordpress.com