I think I may be a vocal clone of Ross...

Sign in to follow this  

There's a similarity I feel, but it's more with the pitching of the voice, than the actual accent. I could do a similar thing with my weird Anglo-Scot hybrid mess.

Spoiler

Admittedly, Ross, I planned a project based on Freeman Across The Universe after you released that video, to the point where I could have made about three episodes, however it never went anywhere because the voice acting would have to have effectively been an impression of you, and it would probably be an embarrassment to both your work and myself as a fan. I'd probably also get a C&D considering your request to fans not to directly call a non-AF work 'Freeman's Mind' (although it would have been titled 'Freeman's Mind Across The Universe' with clear credit and tributes). But again, it's in my 'won't get made' basket of ideas.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

9 hours ago, Ross Scott said:

Didn't fool me.  My favorite sound-alike I've heard is here:

Hot damn that's good.

5 hours ago, Binky The Rabbit said:

There's a similarity I feel, but it's more with the pitching of the voice, than the actual accent. I could do a similar thing with my weird Anglo-Scot hybrid mess.

Hide contents

Admittedly, Ross, I planned a project based on Freeman Across The Universe after you released that video, to the point where I could have made about three episodes, however it never went anywhere because the voice acting would have to have effectively been an impression of you, and it would probably be an embarrassment to both your work and myself as a fan. I'd probably also get a C&D considering your request to fans not to directly call a non-AF work 'Freeman's Mind' (although it would have been titled 'Freeman's Mind Across The Universe' with clear credit and tributes). But again, it's in my 'won't get made' basket of ideas.

Literally the only time I did a cease and desist sort of deal was when a Russian site copied my videos and added subtitles, then sent copyright strikes against ME for the original videos.  That's pretty much the bar you have to hit before I would consider doing that.

That's pretty ballsy... Excuse me, I have a letter to write to Paul McCartney.

Funnily enough my voice has matured a lot more where it has started to do a lot of voices. I'm sad to say though that my ability to get that tone is gone, but now sounds more like John Ratzenberger from the Pixar movies.