Fallout 76

Sign in to follow this  

-ye84Zrqndo

So it's confirmed. No remake, no remaster, no switch port. They're releasing an actual new Fallout title, and a prequel at that.

the name's riley

I don't know why, but my first thought upon seeing the thread's title was a Fallout game guest starring Soldier: 76 from Overwatch. :lol:

This will be interesting.

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!"

– Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Supposedly it has an online requirement, or so a lot of people seem to think. They're going to have a lot of problems selling it if that's true.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

and a prequel at that.

Actually that's not confirmed.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

and a prequel at that.

Actually that's not confirmed.

It's confirmed by lore. Vault 76 is mentioned in Fallout 3 as a control vault set to open 20 years after the great war. The date on the pip-boy in the trailer shows 2102 so there's a minor retcon in having it open 25 years later, but it still takes place ~60 years before the events of Fallout 1.

the name's riley

I'm gonna wait and see with this one.

How old are you?

As old as the Old Order, a time when Nabudis stood well and strong in lands of Jagd.

I'm willing to bet its gonna flop like Fallout 4, probably worse. Bethesda hasn't improved 4 from 3 nor New Vegas other than the minimal combat mechanics that is sluggish and boring to play.

I'm not saying this because I'm a hardcore Fallout fan, I will go as far and say I hate Fallout 2 despite the popular opinion. I just lost faith in Bethesda as a reliable company that provides fun games. Fallout 3 was somewhat fun, New Vegas was fun too (even though that was developed by Obsidian) and the Elder Scrolls franchise had some ups and downs. Fallout 4 was uninteresting and had conflicting tones that was all over the place from the artstyle, to the story, to the gameplay.

Maybe I'm wrong and people really did love Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 might even surpass it. Nevertheless, I'm not hyped at all for any Fallout game and I will be waiting in the corner for STALKER 2 to hopefully come out.

I'm waiting for new info before passing judgement.

Well, I was right. This is even worse than Fallout 4.

-Always Online (MMO)

-Experience only better and easier with friends

-Same Engine, most likely more bugs with all this content

-Base building that would be forced and buggy as always

-Vague storyline that will most likely as boring and half-assed as Fallout 4

The only thing I like about it is that it looks much nicer with the environments, it doesn't look all mush like 4.

Funny cause we already have a Fallout 2 MMO in Russia that is probably thousand times better than this crap.

I think the BETA test will better display what is actually in the game than any rumors, especially since just about every time rumors start, they're very different from what reality is.

This doc gives a LOT of info about the game.

Some noteworthy info:

It will not have a subscription, you buy it once and that's it.

Future updates will be free.

There will be microtransactions for cosmetic items that you can still earn through gameplay.

It also seems the game will be very co-op focused, with players being given the ability to specialize builds and find their own roles, whether it be for combat, for crafting, for support etc.

gi8PTAJ2Hjs

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

that you can still earn through gameplay.

That's cool and all, but question: Will it be balanced so that, if microtransactions were taken out, one can still earn those cosmetics and not be a grind (that takes forever)?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I heard something about dedicated servers, which sounds alright I guess.

How old are you?

As old as the Old Order, a time when Nabudis stood well and strong in lands of Jagd.