ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: THE CREW

Holey moley that 30sec clip is a nightmare :D Really, really high frequency detail is everywhere in the 2D plane (tiny leaves) and the lighting patchwork flickers every few frames in the temporal domain (unsmoothed low-res shadows).

I tried several encoding runs yesterday using ffmpeg & x264. The codec is hopeless at trying to surrepticiously discard content, so I tried some preprocessing. Nothing but downscaling or blurring the video (to get rid of all the HF content) works.

Maybe trying to coax the motion predictor a bit more could help, I might try that.

Great... Your video corrupted my converter install... lol

Gonna take me a while longer to "reacquire" the converter.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Ross you really should try pick up TheCrew 2 on discount i think you will like it, i did (and i expected to not like it much, and i liked crew 1 for same reasons as you did, it often goes super cheap thats when i pick it and base game is all you need, dlcs just add extra vehicyles). Redwood forest's there for example look way better its not just copy pasted map they realy re-made aloooot of it, lightning is better, I think it is worth try honestly it feels even bigger and spacey (probably becouse they added planes) - but get it on discount! You always buy on discount anyways so just add it to wishlist or something to see when it goes on discount :D // Pozdrowienia z Polski , love your content!