A rare thought on mouse vs. gamepad aiming

Sign in to follow this  

It's pretty undeniable that aiming in FPS by using a mouse is far easier than using a gamepad, but I think this doesn't necessarily mean that mouse aiming is better as it is a little *too* good. Playing FPS on the PC you have near god like aiming skills while using analog sticks you are slowly adjusting your aim which is slightly more realistic.

Your thoughts?

Analog sticks have aiming assist... Mouse generally doesn't.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Gaming isn't about realism. If I wanted realistic, I would go outside.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

1. gamepads have aim assist like BTG said

2. you know you can change your mouse sensitivity, right?

3. You know that several mouses already offer you changing mouse sensitivity on the fly, right? meaning you can use fast aiming in normal chances, then slow sensitivity down when you need more accuracy. Those mice arent particularly expensive either (although still bit more expensive than run-of-the-mill office mouse)

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"