Black Mesa Source

Keep it normal source or Black Mesa Source?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Keep it normal source or Black Mesa Source?

• Half Life Source
    • Black Mesa Source
    • Don't care

This is because the style of the normal HL source is much better [...] and changing it into a crappy new source with unmemorable and crappy sounds

Considering this is coming from a guy named TurdFetus, I think I'll take my chances. -__-

DOUBLEROFL!!!

Good graphics vs. cheap ones.... I vote for good) And we'll see what happens.

BTW, I wonder if mr Scott have to wait for BMS to release. Maybe they will allow him to use Black Mesa for machiniming.

Apparently, FM is going to be changed from source to Black Mesa source. If you do this Ross, I am never watching FM again. This is because the style of the normal HL source is much better, and changing it into a crappy new source with unmemorable and crappy sounds make it all worse and it will seem too different. Also, why is it being changed (if it IS)? Just keep it normal HL. The more classic, the better.

i think changing to Black mesa source would be sweet.

but i wouldnt really like it if he did it mid series.. like for the next fm..

what would be best is if he were to change the source after freeman is knocked unconscious..

thats just my own opinion, may not be the most... -Articulated- but still..

Listen to us Live @ - http://www.spreaker.com/user/thebeatbox

------

DJ Highlander (Me) - The Collaboration Project

DJ Dexrith - The Metal Minute

DJ Fusion - The Broader Perspective Show

------

we take requests:

email us @ - [email protected]

BTW, I wonder if mr Scott have to wait for BMS to release. Maybe they will allow him to use Black Mesa for machiniming.

it all depends on how much of the game they have completed.. right..?

------

------

we take requests:

If you're going to have a panic attack and quit watching a series over a video game being changed, firstly, good riddance, secondly, time to get some fresh air.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

it all depends on how much of the game they have completed.. right..?

Now quite, for me it's up to mr Scott and his hillarious humor.. well AND Gordon Freeman of course. Now what is good in HL1-OldStyle? The gameplay? Yes! But its a movie fellas!!! Last 31th Ep there Ross jumped of the train was like a bomb for some fans, and a bad one. Now what else is important - right! Memories and predictebility - sure its cool watching a guy saying funny stuff walking though game you have already been though, but BM is not different game - just little different propmodels are a little misplaced, and as we see on screens there are quite all the same. and still, if you feel uncomfortable -> you can play BM through and continue watching FM

So fellas, i personally fell to that 1st april joke and well was disappointed, and now, i'm rly happy to see any FM episode coming out.

p.s. Beside that - mr. Scott uses noclip, cheats, cuts video and uses supereffects! Doesn't it ruin great movie? hrhrhrhr, not for me

This is because the style of the normal HL source is much better [...] and changing it into a crappy new source with unmemorable and crappy sounds

Considering this is coming from a guy named TurdFetus, I think I'll take my chances. -__-

I actually LOLed!

''Oh, god, my profile name is real mature''

If you're going to have a panic attack and quit watching a series over a video game being changed, firstly, good riddance, secondly, time to get some fresh air.

Oh, ha, ha

I'm not going to over react, I'm just not going to enjoy FM in another game, or mod should I say. I might not stop watching completely but I won't love it as much as it was in HL:S. And what do you mean time to get some fresh air? If you are saying that I watch FM all day, then no sir. You probably watch the series more than me. Maybe you should get some fresh air?

''Oh, god, my profile name is real mature''

I lurk on the Black Mesa forums quite a bit; from what I gathered is that the developers are egotistical assholes and any criticism of them will result in many insults against your mother.

But they say it's on schedule. I think it'll come out eventually; if not this year, next year.

Why do you call him Mr Scott?

It comes from "Yes Sir, Mr Cave Johnson!"

Does that guy previous to me rly has -33 reputation?

Does that guy previous to me rly has -33 reputation?

Yes.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I lurk on the Black Mesa forums quite a bit; from what I gathered is that the developers are egotistical assholes and any criticism of them will result in many insults against your mother.

The regulars over there are at 'least' equally bad. A very unpleasant community overall, but I don't have to participate in it so I just lurk instead.

As long as they do thir project with care and fix bugs after release, I'll be fine with that I wonder why are they doing it in the first place? For themselves, for fans, for glory and good portfolio??? They could sell it for 1 buck so many fans could buy it, and their mighty leader could buy a lamborgini

As long as they do thir project with care and fix bugs after release, I'll be fine with that I wonder why are they doing it in the first place? For themselves, for fans, for glory and good portfolio??? They could sell it for 1 buck so many fans could buy it, and their mighty leader could buy a lamborgini

that would be fraking hellacious..

------

------

we take requests:

To me as a lurker I get the impression that two extremes are at work over there; either you religiously do research before posting any questions or you will get crusified on stage and then burned and eaten. The staff have even acknowledged the newcomer bashing problem, why else would they reverse the user title order so that newcomers are Gargantua?

I was there when the user title order was reversed. It was reversed mostly as a joke. Also, no one expects you to religiously do research, but if you're asking questions that are on the FAQ page or just a quick jaunt through the Wiki (like going to a Half-Life forum asking what Gordon's last name is), then you will probably get a playful roasting. The problem arises not with the regulars but with the newbies who feel they are "expected" to crush anyone newer than them...even though they aren't expected to do anything of the sort.

"I have an idea: Release the mod!" or "When will mod releese" won't be looked upon too kindly, though. These are questions that have been answered religiously and it takes less than one minute to find your answer (you don't even have to register to search and the latter question is answered ON THE FRONT PAGE)....a shorter amount of time than it takes to register and post.

But mostly, it's playful roasting and if you can ride through it, you'll be fine on the Black Mesa forums.

PoiSonSonic is right, the thing that matters is the movie not the game really, although I love Hl 1: Source if Black Mesa will be good gameplay, why not, although wouldn't Ross would have to study it a bit more and probably ruin his own gameplay of it. I would feel for him then.

Also, anyone want to bet when Black Mesa will be released Before Episode 50 or after?

I vote just before...in 2032

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

There won't be an episode 3, so there will hardly be 47 more.