Black Mesa Source

Keep it normal source or Black Mesa Source?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Keep it normal source or Black Mesa Source?

• Half Life Source
    • Black Mesa Source
    • Don't care

The key points in all of this is that:

A) Black Mesa won't be the exact same as Half-Life and thus will have different areas.

B) The graphics change would be strange and a sum of fans would possibly yell at Ross.

C) Freeman's Mind will most likely be finished before Black Mesa even comes out.

So there you have it, thats about it and that just greatly summed it up within a few sentences.

I voted for it to stay as Half-Life: Source as well, even if I didn't I probably would have typed this up.

Maybe (if bm:s is released on time) He could use BM:S as a transition to xen, maybe say: "Why do the aliens look different... maybe the earth's air wasn't good for them."

Also known as "Username"

No way in hell should Ross switch to Black Mesa when it comes out. That would be just a dumb move. Why start the whole game with the normal graphics, and then switch to Source graphics? It ruins the flow. Also, some of the architecture of the original Half-Life can make for hilarious dialogue, like when Freeman questions why they built something the way they did.

I really don't know why some of you would want him to switch to Black Mesa. And that reminds me, if he's switches to Black Mesa, that would require him to skip through a bunch of Black Mesa just to get to the point he left off on. What if he wants to play Black Mesa from the beginning? It would ruin it for him. Not to mention for the people who haven't beaten Black Mesa, they would be seeing what the rest of the game looks like if they didn't get that far. Yeah sure, they don't have to watch it, but that's just lame.

From a production point of view, it really isn't conducive for Ross or the fans to switch to Black Mesa.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

You talk as if Black Mesa will be released before Ross is done with the series.

All I know is the BM team have been very VVERRY careful to keep us thinking both ways. On the one hand, they thought it'd be done by 2009, it is now the middle of 2011, making us think it'll keep going on, along with their 'when it's done' comments. On the other hand, they've given us a definite 'yes' that two weeks after the BM soundtrack is released the mod will be, and a couple months ago the soundtrack went gold.

In the case of FM, Ross has been both incredibly fast in it's pace, and incredibly slow. Since I can't tell the future, I can't even begin to guess when FM will be finished.

So, it's just a matter of waiting. Though if I HAD to take a guess, I'd say BM will be done before FM.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

The Black Mesa team are also changing illogical level design; there goes half of Ross' jokes.

I think Ross will finish Half-Life: Source before Black Mesa releases. No one really knows when the Black Mesa team will be finished.

Well... This is certainly not the worst thing I've been proven wrong about.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

i hope everyone realizes that blackmesa source will never, ever be completed..

edit: i'm just super-sayin

:o

stides...is that you?

Who's "Stides"

Listen to us Live @ - http://www.spreaker.com/user/thebeatbox

------

DJ Highlander (Me) - The Collaboration Project

DJ Dexrith - The Metal Minute

DJ Fusion - The Broader Perspective Show

------

we take requests:

email us @ - [email protected]

@Kaweebo: Not everyone here goes to the Black Mesa Forums (though I go to both so you should recognize my name).

@Everyone else: Stides is a troll that sometimes posts to the Black Mesa Forums whose only subject wherever he/she posts is that "Black Mesa will not be completed".

@Kaweebo: Not everyone here goes to the Black Mesa Forums (though I go to both so you should recognize my name).

@Everyone else: Stides is a troll that sometimes posts to the Black Mesa Forums whose only subject wherever he/she posts is that "Black Mesa will not be completed".

oohhh ok..

yea i dont really go onto the Black Mesa forums..

but yea.. now i recognize the name "Stides"

i've seen his posts..

i am being a bit of a pessimist saying that the mod wont be completed but there hasnt been an update recently (i think)

but i would love to see this game finished..

i would play it non-stop when it does finally come out

Listen to us Live @ - http://www.spreaker.com/user/thebeatbox

------

DJ Highlander (Me) - The Collaboration Project

DJ Dexrith - The Metal Minute

DJ Fusion - The Broader Perspective Show

------

we take requests:

email us @ - [email protected]

If you went on the forums you'd see that they've released some media updates occasionally on them, not like the media updates they did on Moddb, but just enough to let you know they're alive. The reason they're not updating anything on Twitter or Moddb is because it's been too long and it's a much more productive use of their time to actually work on the mod, then announce they're still alive. When it's done, then they'll do it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Yeah, I saw a couple of comparative screens of residue processing (from the first media release to now) and it was looking pretty damn impressive.

The Black Mesa team are also changing illogical level design; there goes half of Ross' jokes.

I think Ross will finish Half-Life: Source before Black Mesa releases. No one really knows when the Black Mesa team will be finished.

I remember Ross said he didn't like these jokes because he didn't wanna break the fourth wall too much. ;)