Black Mesa Source

Keep it normal source or Black Mesa Source?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PoiSonSonic is right, the thing that matters is the movie not the game really, although I love Hl 1: Source if Black Mesa will be good gameplay, why not, although wouldn't Ross would have to study it a bit more and probably ruin his own gameplay of it. I would feel for him then.

Also, anyone want to bet when Black Mesa will be released Before Episode 50 or after?

I vote just before...in 2032

This vote isn't a real mirror of whats happening in fans world... 10 ppl here, 20 there, some don't care at all. And there are some hundreds fans more at machinima.com... so it's really up to OUR glorious master Ross i think. If he will be able to switch to BM:S in time and successfully hold the quality-line put in 1st episode... Then why not? Besides i'm sure some ppl will reject FM completely, and some others who thought that BM:S is a bad idea, will find it still as amusing as before. So if quality rises - it may attract more fans and flush some of them away.

This vote isn't a real mirror of whats happening in fans world... 10 ppl here, 20 there, some don't care at all. And there are some hundreds fans more at machinima.com... so it's really up to OUR glorious master Ross i think. If he will be able to switch to BM:S in time and successfully hold the quality-line put in 1st episode... Then why not? :D Besides i'm sure some ppl will reject FM completely, and some others who thought that BM:S is a bad idea, will find it still as amusing as before. So if quality rises - it may attract more fans and flush some of them away.

Well, it would probably bore more of the fans out due to the strange mapping and odd appearances of the scientists not being in BM:S. If you don't understand, basically, I loved it when Gordon took the piss out of Black Mesa because of the 'random' scientists that appear out of nowhere (the one 'waiting' for him at the end of the 4th chapter) and when he took the piss out of the Black Mesa himself because of how weird it looked. It was also funny seeing him criticize the dumb military. BM:S would improve on all of this, making FM boring since there is little to nothing to take the piss out of. He would just have to make random jokes.

Took the...piss out of...is this a real expression or did Gordon literally suck piss out of people and I never even noticed it. O_O

Took the...piss out of...is this a real expression or did Gordon literally suck piss out of people and I never even noticed it. O_O

Dude, have you ever heard of 'He's taking the piss out of me' or 'Who took the piss out of me?' Many people use it. Ok, now that you think about it, it sounds weird but still, many people say this.

I would like him to stay with HL:S.

I think Black Mesa is far to different from the 'normal' Half Life and a

change mid-series would be too strange for my taste.

A new series with Black Mesa would be awesome though, maybe with

a different Gordon then?

Dude, have you ever heard of 'He's taking the piss out of me' or 'Who took the piss out of me?' Many people use it. Ok, now that you think about it, it sounds weird but still, many people say this.

He hasn't necessarily heard it. It's a peculiarly English--and by English I mean jolly ol' England--phrase, and if he's an American like most of us on here are, then he wouldn't necessarily have heard it all that often, or at all.

It's been proposed before that I switch over to the Black Mesa mod after this episode, but since that's not out yet, I'll just continue with regular half-life.

Guess that settles this.

He hasn't necessarily heard it. It's a peculiarly English--and by English I mean jolly ol' England--phrase, and if he's an American like most of us on here are, then he wouldn't necessarily have heard it all that often, or at all.

I thought it was just something he thought up himself. I get what it means it just sounds wierd. XD

I do not know yet tbh. Would be cool to have like a test episode to see how it looks. But even if I'd rather see it in Half life source it wouldn't be a reason to stop watching.

Maybe thats what the 'Mystery Episode' Is about.

I smell an interrogation episode, and ep 36 will start with Freeman waking up in the trash compactor.

Of course you could assume that he skips interrogation judging by the conversation between the guys carrying Freeman at the end of ep 34, but they may have just been joking around . . .