Black Mesa Source

Keep it normal source or Black Mesa Source?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Keep it normal source or Black Mesa Source?

• Half Life Source
    • Black Mesa Source
    • Don't care

All we have to do is wait for machinima -.-. Knowing them since Ep. 34 just got released it will be a while before the mystery episode is released.

I smell an interrogation episode, and ep 36 will start with Freeman waking up in the trash compactor.

Of course you could assume that he skips interrogation judging by the conversation between the guys carrying Freeman at the end of ep 34, but they may have just been joking around . . .

That would clearly give us a look at Freeman's life... His criminal life, Eddie, possigle gfs... We all knew from the beggining that in this very moment something big would happen, the switch to BM:S or something else...

It's obviously not a switch to BM:S, Ross said so himself. I'm thinking a vision of the future to Half Life 2, but it could be something completely different.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Well, Ross isn't going to switch over to BMS now, so I'm happy :D

''Oh, god, my profile name is real mature''

I like the idea of a transition, and I think it's too bad that it isn't happening. Oh well.

I can see what people mean when they say it would be harder for him to make fun of Black Mesa, but... hell, Ross is a talented comedian, and he would find a way.

I don't see a problem with converting it to Black Mesa.

The problem is, it probably won't come out for at least another year. I have recieved NO updates on their progress for a while so I doubt they're close to done if not haven't given up. From the trailer it looks like Black Mesa graphics will be significantly better than HLS, so I think it'd be kinda cool to see how it looks on Freeman's Mind. I know alot of people are concerned about the game looking classic but since Ross Scott is using cheats and not playing the traditional way, (skipping obstalcles and climbing things that you can't normally climb, because that's what a real person in such a situation), he may as well upgrade to Black Mesa. But like I said, now that The Tunnel is finished, FM epiosdes will be coming out alot faster now so unless Ross starts another big CP project again he'll probably be done by the time Black Mesa even comes out.

How can he change to BMS if it's not even finished?

If you read my post a few posts above, you can see that I know and I'm very happy.

How can he change to BMS if it's not even finished?

Exactly.

Read the post a few more posts above.

It seems this is a very split argument with good support for both sides, so any further effort seems futile.

I voted for it to stay how it is, but if FM is switched over, it would just be icing on the cake.

Even if Ross was able to switch over to Black Mesa, it wouldn't matter to me. I would be fine with him staying with Half Life: Source as well.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

"Right now" would have been the right moment to switch over to BM... but it's not released so far => stay with HL:S. Nobody wants to wait for another episode because of the graphics.

Plus we don't know how good Ross's computer is. BM is supposed to be pretty graphically demanding, what if he played it and he lagged to hell?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Plus we don't know how good Ross's computer is. BM is supposed to be pretty graphically demanding, what if he played it and he lagged to hell?
It's irrelevant, Source recorder can output the footage from demos frame-by-frame. I record Freeman's Mind at 180fps with 4x4 Supersampling AA and that's NOT in real-time. Some of the Civil Protection episodes CRAWLED during filming. I just play it at lower settings and then at higher ones for demo playback. Also I have a Phenom II X3 720, 2GB of RAM, and a Geforce 9800 GTX that was donated to me by a viewer when my old card died.

As for Black Mesa, I was kind of on the fence about it anyway for doing FM, I'll just keep moving with the original game.

I messed around with source recorder. I didn't know I had to set the fps at the beginning, so the final video was like .05 fps haha

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

There is no certainty when Black Mesa will be out, and Ross is already too far into the normal one to change it all now. Getting used to new maps, actually geeting to the place at which he is now and other associated jazz tell me that we better stick with what we have.

And once HL is done then we will have a proper move to Source when Ross will start doing Freeman's Mind for HL2 (just a suggestion, not a statement).