Technological Singularity

Sign in to follow this  

That would be one of the only options, worldwide power-outage.

But is that even be possible now days?

U.S. calling Russia: could you guys power down entire Russia, there is an a.i. spreading across the world & taking over...

Sure thing comrads, right away!

And what to do with PC's farms directly powered by solar tech, Military installations with years of backup power, satellites orbiting earth....

Why power down everything? Just flip the switch. (power stations use closed circuit computers, and would not be affected by the AI, same with most military installations)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

closed circuit???? I believe there was a hacker that crippled energy systems in a power plant back in '09.

Or the Foreign cyber-spies hacking US electrical grid and planting software???

Or the fact that Head of cyber command gives a 'C' to defense network's safety???

Or China blinding the US by hacking US satellites

You've been on way too many conspiracy theory sites...

BTW, satellites are not even implied to be closed circuit systems. (do they just sit up there and communicate with nothing???)

The defense grid can mean anything from NORAD (which is not closed circuit) to the military private network... (which is a network of systems not connected to outside networks, or any wireless systems, and is therefore "closed circuit")

The electrical grid however is closed circuit, and can only be accessed through select terminals...

conspiracy sites like ABC news or CNN you mean? Most of the things i stated came from such sites.

Link to the articles/news.

Interesting topic, if you haven't already check out Cleverbot, its a chatbot that learns from previous conversations. I've managed to have several intelligent conversations with it, although others degenerate into endless non-sequitirs.

Lol, tried it. Mostly it bounces back my questions. Or changes the subject:

Me: what are you thoughts on technological singularity?

Answer from one was: what are your thoughts on technical singularity?

Answer from other: what is your favorite music genre?

Me: horror

Got no comment on the fact that I mentioned a movie genre instead of music.

So doesnt look very intelligent to me

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.