Hey We're Launching a Bit Bare

Hey this is The Britain, Ross is still getting setup in his new place, so we're launching a bit bare-bones. The videos and old news posts will make their way back, but we're going to go ahead and get things rolling.

SendGrid is giving us some issues with sending our mail, please be patient as we get things rolling. You may not get your password reset/sign up mail right away.

WE DO NOT HAVE SMTP SETUP YET SO YOU WILL NEED TO CHECK YOUR SPAM MAIL.

View full article

Oh boy!  HERE WE GO!

(It did not require me to reset my password.)

Edited by ReverendTed
Confirmation (see edit history)

Do you not want to see signatures in threads anymore?  Check under Account Settings - Signature and turn off "View Signatures".  You can also click the X to the right of this signature and select "Hide All Signatures".  You're welcome!

5 minutes ago, danielsangeo said:

It's like everything's backwards, and I'm not even left-handed.

Would you like to expound on that? Also bare with me as we will definitely have some teething issues as I work out the kinks.

Oh, I was riffing off of Im_CIA's post, referencing Freeman's Mind - Episode 2.  New things take a little getting used to is all.

The only thing I see that might potentially be an issue is that I used to have an animated GIF for an avatar and it doesn't seem like that's allowed on the new forum software.  If that's intended, then I'll just make a new avatar that's static.  Thanks for all your work, and to the rest of the team, too!  :D

The UI here seems to

changing on the fly.

No no no, I don't want to be a schizophrenic!

2 minutes ago, The Britain said:

Would you like to expound on that? Also bare with me as we will definitely have some teething issues as I work out the kinks.

Nah we're just quoting Freeman's mind out the ass. Everything seems fine Apart from a few minor font glitches, and the /videos route not working for me. Says I don't have permission.

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

Just now, danielsangeo said:

Oh, I was riffing off of Im_CIA's post, referencing Freeman's Mind - Episode 2.  New things take a little getting used to is all.

The only thing I see that might potentially be an issue is that I used to have an animated GIF for an avatar and it doesn't seem like that's allowed on the new forum software.  If that's intended, then I'll just make a new avatar that's static.  Thanks for all your work, and to the rest of the team, too!  :D

I figured out the profile problem now, I'm working on fixing it at the moment. You should be able to change it once I get a default one in.

6 minutes ago, Im_CIA said:

The UI here seems to

changing on the fly.

No no no, I don't want to be a schizophrenic!

Nah we're just quoting Freeman's mind out the ass. Everything seems fine Apart from a few minor font glitches, and the /videos route not working for me. Says I don't have permission.

Yeah right now the old news articles and videos are missing until we get those converted.

1 hour ago, ReverendTed said:

Oh boy!  HERE WE GO!

(It did not require me to reset my password.)

1 hour ago, rocketwerks said:

Agree with ReverendTed, it did not prompt me to change my password & nothing in my Junk Email folder.

58 minutes ago, Im_CIA said:

Where is all my stuff! WHERE IS MY STASH!

38 minutes ago, danielsangeo said:

It's like everything's backwards, and I'm not even left-handed.

Can you change your profile pic now?

6 minutes ago, danielsangeo said:

I was able to change it (to a static avatar since the forum software still doesn't allow animated GIFs for avatars, but that's quite all right).

I will talk to Ross about it again, but I disabled animated avatars because some people find them distracting. That was one of the reasons Ross disabled the forum signatures.

Oh, hey.  I noticed a problem.

One of the things I do for Ross is to create captions for his videos.  I upload the captions file to the forums so that others may download them.  However, the captions file, an .SRT file, is now a prohibited filetype.  Also, others provide translations for other languages and upload them to the forum and for me to get them to submit to Ross and Magda for adding to the official videos.  Please peruse the Subtitles section of the forum for the filetypes people use.  I hope this will be able to be fixed.  Thanks!

9 hours ago, danielsangeo said:

Oh, hey.  I noticed a problem.

One of the things I do for Ross is to create captions for his videos.  I upload the captions file to the forums so that others may download them.  However, the captions file, an .SRT file, is now a prohibited filetype.  Also, others provide translations for other languages and upload them to the forum and for me to get them to submit to Ross and Magda for adding to the official videos.  Please peruse the Subtitles section of the forum for the filetypes people use.  I hope this will be able to be fixed.  Thanks!

I believe Ekket enabled the srt file extension.

oof we back boys

at least, kinda sorta back

Bomb shelter parties are the best parties because bomb shelter parties don't stop. Until everyone's dead.

15 minutes ago, Toa said:

oof we back boys

at least, kinda sorta back

It's getting there, still tweaking some things for the next week or two.