Hey We're Launching a Bit Bare

Remember everyone slow and steady wins the race.

That's right guys, Yeb! Bush 2020. Mark your calendars.

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

2 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

That's right guys, Yeb! Bush 2020. Mark your calendars.

image.png.22aedc6604f2c7508c1317dbe3d31cff.png

the name's riley

2 hours ago, Annie said:

To the town of Agua Fria rode a stranger one fine day

a81.png

I just want to take time to appreciate the work of you guys behind the scenes. I have a lot of fond memories here in AF and love to see the forum and website re-vamped. Maybe Ross will start promotion the site a little bit more ro bring the forums back to their glory days. 

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

20 minutes ago, Luis said:

I just want to take time to appreciate the work of you guys behind the scenes. I have a lot of fond memories here in AF and love to see the forum and website re-vamped. Maybe Ross will start promotion the site a little bit more ro bring the forums back to their glory days. 

I think an agnostic approach is more suitable. I've only been here a few years, but it appears to me that Ross is more of watchmaker than a lynch pin. Any future non-cosmetic changes would have to be pushed through by us, the community. And by us, I mean *you* (jk)

Sidenote: Linus Tech Tips’ forum uses the same system as us, you could suggest things from there to be added here. (We’re obviously not going to copy them entirely, but some reference helps.)

I'm 10 kinds of busy at the moment (hope to have working refrigerator soon to put in perspective).  I'll just say everything (downloadable files, past articles, etc.) will come back, it just may not happen all at once.

daniel: I do remember some animated avatars being distracting, I may have to stick with static ones.

Luis: The website is going to get an awesome promotion + video later on, but not now, this is all going to roll out gradually.  The promotion will be related to a feature I have planned later that I think a bunch of people are going to like and may permanently increase traffic.

4 hours ago, Ross Scott said:

daniel: I do remember some animated avatars being distracting, I may have to stick with static ones.

That's perfectly fine.  I created a static avatar to replace the Bruce Almighty loop.  Thanks!

On 10/17/2018 at 4:51 PM, Ross Scott said:

I'm 10 kinds of busy at the moment (hope to have working refrigerator soon to put in perspective).  I'll just say everything (downloadable files, past articles, etc.) will come back, it just may not happen all at once.

Luis: The website is going to get an awesome promotion + video later on, but not now, this is all going to roll out gradually.  The promotion will be related to a feature I have planned later that I think a bunch of people are going to like and may permanently increase traffic.

Ross, I mentioned this on another thread, but if you're going prevent BTG from using his Data gif, then you must seriously consider the possibility of the Crystalline Entity manifesting and killing everyone on this site.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, zax_courier said:

Remember everyone slow and steady wins the race.

Okay, I'll go slow. ?

5 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

Ross, I mentioned this on another thread, but if you're going prevent BTG from using his Data gif, then you must seriously consider the possibility of the Crystalline Entity manifesting and killing everyone on this site.

No, we're safe, that was a different episode.

All the posts (except for the latest Dead Game News article, which wasn't in the archive) have been re-added! This did take a while longer than I expected, but I'd say that it's all worth it. (During the migration process of the 495-odd articles, I only had 2 errors.) The videos page has also launched alongside it.

Looking good so far, just needs a "mark all forums as read on the main forum page".

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

9 hours ago, Icebox said:

Looking good so far, just needs a "mark all forums as read on the main forum page".

Click this icon:

image.png

1 hour ago, The Britain said:

Click this icon:

image.png

Thank You.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

That was a thing on the functional version of the previous forum layout as well.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.