Jump to content

Hey We're Launching a Bit Bare

Recommended Posts

Quote

Remember everyone slow and steady wins the race.

That's right guys, Yeb! Bush 2020. Mark your calendars.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

That's right guys, Yeb! Bush 2020. Mark your calendars.

image.png.22aedc6604f2c7508c1317dbe3d31cff.png

Share this post


Link to post

I just want to take time to appreciate the work of you guys behind the scenes. I have a lot of fond memories here in AF and love to see the forum and website re-vamped. Maybe Ross will start promotion the site a little bit more ro bring the forums back to their glory days. 

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Luis said:

I just want to take time to appreciate the work of you guys behind the scenes. I have a lot of fond memories here in AF and love to see the forum and website re-vamped. Maybe Ross will start promotion the site a little bit more ro bring the forums back to their glory days. 

I think an agnostic approach is more suitable. I've only been here a few years, but it appears to me that Ross is more of watchmaker than a lynch pin. Any future non-cosmetic changes would have to be pushed through by us, the community. And by us, I mean *you* (jk)

Share this post


Link to post

Sidenote: Linus Tech Tips’ forum uses the same system as us, you could suggest things from there to be added here. (We’re obviously not going to copy them entirely, but some reference helps.)

Share this post


Link to post

I'm 10 kinds of busy at the moment (hope to have working refrigerator soon to put in perspective).  I'll just say everything (downloadable files, past articles, etc.) will come back, it just may not happen all at once.

daniel: I do remember some animated avatars being distracting, I may have to stick with static ones.

Luis: The website is going to get an awesome promotion + video later on, but not now, this is all going to roll out gradually.  The promotion will be related to a feature I have planned later that I think a bunch of people are going to like and may permanently increase traffic.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ross Scott said:

daniel: I do remember some animated avatars being distracting, I may have to stick with static ones.

That's perfectly fine.  I created a static avatar to replace the Bruce Almighty loop.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/17/2018 at 4:51 PM, Ross Scott said:

I'm 10 kinds of busy at the moment (hope to have working refrigerator soon to put in perspective).  I'll just say everything (downloadable files, past articles, etc.) will come back, it just may not happen all at once.

daniel: I do remember some animated avatars being distracting, I may have to stick with static ones.

Luis: The website is going to get an awesome promotion + video later on, but not now, this is all going to roll out gradually.  The promotion will be related to a feature I have planned later that I think a bunch of people are going to like and may permanently increase traffic.

Ross, I mentioned this on another thread, but if you're going prevent BTG from using his Data gif, then you must seriously consider the possibility of the Crystalline Entity manifesting and killing everyone on this site.

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, zax_courier said:

Remember everyone slow and steady wins the race.

Okay, I'll go slow. 🐌

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

Ross, I mentioned this on another thread, but if you're going prevent BTG from using his Data gif, then you must seriously consider the possibility of the Crystalline Entity manifesting and killing everyone on this site.

No, we're safe, that was a different episode.

Share this post


Link to post

All the posts (except for the latest Dead Game News article, which wasn't in the archive) have been re-added! This did take a while longer than I expected, but I'd say that it's all worth it. (During the migration process of the 495-odd articles, I only had 2 errors.) The videos page has also launched alongside it.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Icebox said:

Looking good so far, just needs a "mark all forums as read on the main forum page".

Click this icon:

image.png

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in the community.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.