xxx

Delete the *minus* scale. Make it have only the pluses.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

What I would like is more of a feedback system, so that when giving -rep the one who does so has to supply a reason for it, such as incorrect grammar, spam or other good reasons, and this would also be shown to the user, maybe via the PM inbox. I know it's complicated to implement but I think that would be better.

That would help people not make the same mistake again too.

What about poor BTGbullseye?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Yeah!

At least leave me as the only one with -rep if you're going to do it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Yeah!

At least leave me as the only one with -rep if you're going to do it.

okay, you will have to chage the reputation system just after BTG get -999 points. That's my plan :roll:

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

What about poor Michael?

Permanent 0 rep. :twisted:

Yeah, then we can both have special permanent reps... Makes sense to me...

I like my rep right now: the negative Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.

It's the negative answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything plus one now. :mrgreen:

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I like my rep right now: the negative Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.

It's the negative answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything plus one now. :mrgreen:

Fixed it

The previous two posts are perfect examples to why rep means nothing and should be removed, and why people who instantly judge other people solely by their rep are idiots.

I think we should replace rep with an objective standard that can't be influenced by other people. What about post count? I'd think it's ok to assume if someone has a high post count and they haven't been banned yet, they contribute to the forum.

Or how about time spent on forum? I'm not a moderator or an administrator, so it's not my problem; but I'm certain the intelligent people responsible for maintaining this forum can come up with a better, meaningful standard.

I think rep should be attached to posts, but the total +/- rep of all of them combined is the users rep.

Like if someone gave me +rep for this post (idk why they'd do that, but just as an example) it would show this post as having +1rep and me as having +6rep

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

You need to change your formula Nagisa, I just noticed a big flaw in it. If someone gives his + reputation to users who never or rarely will give reputation points then reputation points will be lost in general.

What you need to do is apply the rule only to negative reputation points. One cannot give any more negative reputation points after he runs out of points. This idea isn't flawless either but it should stop flamers who give constant negative rep and give people like me the ability to give reputation again.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

You need to change your formula Nagisa, I just noticed a big flaw in it. If someone gives his + reputation to users who never or rarely will give reputation points then reputation points will be lost in general.

What you need to do is apply the rule only to negative reputation points. One cannot give any more negative reputation points after he runs out of points. This idea isn't flawless either but it should stop flamers who give constant negative rep and give people like me the ability to give reputation again.

Yeah... I can't give +rep either...

Yeah... I can't give +rep either...

That's your fault... You demanded that everyone give you -rep. What do you expect?

You demanded that everyone give you -rep. What do you expect?

I expect -10000 rep, and the eventual glitch that causes me to be able to +/- rep everyone as I see fit.

Any way you could speed up the process? :lol:

I agree with Alyxx. If you're going to keep it, make people give decent reasons, at least for -rep.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

You guys do know there's a popup box that asks why you gave or took reputation from someone, right? Just make it manditory.

Besides, I like the rep system. It's cool, but only when used appropriately. People like Blue and Rarity deserve their high reps. Flyingamerboy deserves his negative rep. The rep system is usually somewhat accurate except for with Michael Archer and BTG, but those are the only examples I can think of.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time