Jump to content

Forum Post Adventure 2

Recommended Posts

 

 

**** ACCURSODORE 64 BASIC V2.018 ****

  • 64K RAM SYSTEM 38911 BASIC BYTES FREE
  • READY.
  • LOAD "FPA2",8,1
  • SEARCHING FOR FPA2
  • LOADING
  • READY.

 

Welcome to the Accursed Farms Text Based Adventures 2.

The successor to the wildly and financially and not-quite-romantically successful original flavor Forum Post Adventure.

This is a text adventure game. Post an action to be performed based upon the post above you, or a response to that action. No replying to your own posts (for obvious reasons).

 

 

Please select a game:

 

1) Freeing the Giant Robot [1]

2) Zork [2]

3) Bravo: Project Isolator [3]

4) Bravo: The Legend of Tipidu [4]

5) The Borrowers (C64) [5]

 

Your choice:_

 

Share this post


Link to post

West of House

ZORK

Welcome to ZORK. Release 13 / Serial number 040826 / Inform v6.14 Library 6/7 West of House

This

is an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here. A rubber mat saying 'Welcome to Zork!' lies by the door. 

_

Share this post


Link to post

You have no mail.

You turn the little flag tab up

_

 

Edited by Blue

Share this post


Link to post

>NORTH

 

You head north to the back yard. There are poppies in the garden, which remind you of those who nobly died in the great wars of the past.

There's also a picnic table with what looks like breakfast. It reminds of you of those who nobly prepared this delicious spread.

The comestibles include a pitcher of orange juice, poppy muffins, a small fried mennonite-style sausage, a pitcher of denatured isopropanol, a bag of skittles and an empty glass bottle.

 

The isopropyl alcohol kinda stinks.

Edited by Blue

Share this post


Link to post

You pour all of the skittles into the orange juice. Nothing interesting has happened. But your diploma in chemical food science says the skittles will likely absorb all of the orange juice over the next 4-8 hours.

Share this post


Link to post

This is going to make you so energized. It's also going to make the plaque bacteria by your teeth very happy, and make you need to pee later. Oh well, that's future you's problem.

 

You sure did just do that. Your perception of time has dialated because now you're moving and thinking at double speed (10min duration). 

 

Obvious exits are the white house to the South and field to the West.

Share this post


Link to post

You remark on the vector system of Zork:

"There can be only one coordinate system, only one which can bend all to its will. And it does not share power!"

You run up the nearest tree and are swept aloft by a giant condor.

 

You careen higher and higher as you climb onto the condor's back, and fly past a cloud of migrating monarch butterflies. The condor squawks as the butterflies flit through your fingers, like the soft trickle of water over the side of a gliding canoe. In the horizon are grand mountains in the sunrise, crowned with hat-like clouds. Or are they cloud-like hats?

 

Your obvious actions are Hold On, Jump, Ponder, Poetry, or Vomit.

Share this post


Link to post

Gazing thoughtfully at the mountains, you begin to wonder if this game has a plot or if it's actually secretly started already.

 

"Stone that saw the dawn of time;

monuments carved out from sea.

Reaching upward, so sublime;

peaks capped in white symmetry.

Oh mountains distant purple hue;

amid clouds loftily surrounding you.

Holding secrets from long past ages;

secrets of ancient primal sages." [1] you say into the wind.

 

Then you tried to do jumpstyle on the condor's back, which wasn't a very good idea.

 

You're now falling towards the ground at terrific speed. You hope that this is just a bad dream, so you gasp in surprise and hope that it'll wake you up.

 

You gasp.

 

You gasp.

 

You gasp.

 

You vomit but it doesn't help either. You ponder if you could touch your private areas before you hit the ground. Your boobs aren't cooperating and it's doubtful you could get turned on quickly enough anyhow, so that was a fruitless consideration. At least you'll leave a beautiful corpse. Hopefully no one defiles it.

 

Obvious exits are Continue Falling.

Share this post


Link to post

Scratch the record and freeze the frame. In a studio-recorded voice proclaim "Perhaps you're wondering how I got in this situation" to a seemingly non-existent audience.

Share this post


Link to post

The game has been paused until @Im_CIA finishes his freezeframe moment.

 

STABILITY NOTICE: Zork Release 13 / Inform v6.14 Library 6/7 DOES NOT SUPPORT STORY NESTING.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in the community.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.