Machinima Is Dead?

Uh... well that sucks.

Least we still got this.

Rest in peace all those good videos. This is what happens when you allow one moron to control everything. Everyone suffers.

Edited by RaTcHeT302

On 1/19/2019 at 11:21 AM, RaTcHeT302 said:

Uh... well that sucks.

Least we still got this.

Rest in peace all those good videos. This is what happens when you allow one moron to control everything. Everyone suffers.

I've rebuilt GG from the ground up and I'm slowly re-adding everything. So that's at-least a WIP catalog.

https://gorillagong.com/

1 hour ago, The Britain said:

I've rebuilt GG from the ground up and I'm slowly re-adding everything. So that's at-least a WIP catalog.

https://gorillagong.com/

Is there a way to download videos from Gorilla Gong? Or do I still have to use YouTube DL?

Ooh OK Britain.  I'll start taking a look. 

Are the dates on the donation history on the site correct?  If so this has been online longer than I realised.

2 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

Is there a way to download videos from Gorilla Gong? Or do I still have to use YouTube DL?

GG doesn't host the videos, they're still Youtube embeds. 

For GG to provide ways to download videos it would need to both rehost and consult the individual video licences (or contact the authors).  This is a large cost + manual task, probably not something in its current goals.

Edited by Veyrdite

Not hosted, but if you could have a button, which links to an external service, which can download the videos for you automatically.

I wouldn't really want to have that on an official website, but, that's the idea anyway, more or less.

Pretty much embedding something like YouTube DL into the website itself. So that it can run the commands it needs to, in order to get the YouTube videos themselves. I don't really know how to word this, sorry if it's not too clear.

Edited by RaTcHeT302