FREEMAN'S MIND 2: EPISODE 9

Sign in to follow this  

Here's the next episode, late, but still faster than the last one!  The boat created several issues for this one, but it ended up working well enough.  One annoyance is when playing back a demo, the screen glitches out for a frame or two every single time Freeman enters or exits the boat, so that needs to be fixed in editing.  There was also a more impressive bug I ran into which I'll post a blooper video of in a few days.

This video was also my first attempt at outsourcing the volume balancing to someone else.  I wasn't happy with the results, so I ended up doing it myself, which probably still isn't great, but is less not great than before.  I plan to try again with volume balancing help for future videos until I hopefully find someone better at it than me.  Next episode of FM2 is slowly underway!

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

I like how this series is making fun of all the physics puzzles.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

Those barrels must be filled with helium, or hydrogen, or some exotic anti-gravity stuff from Xen.... That's the only explanation for why they didn't get a grunt out of Freeman. (the barrels usually weigh about 60lbs IRL)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

It took me until this episode to realize that the two heads in the logo are supposed to resemble the "circle with a thing sticking out of the top right corner" style of logos Valve used for Half-Life 2 and all the Source remakes.

I just realised that those barrels are buoyant enough that 4 of them support the ramp with the fan-boat jumping it, yet Freeman can push them down under water and under the ramp with absolutely no difficulty. Starting to think the suit is an Iron Man prototype.