No longer following Ross

Sign in to follow this  

I have been following this channel for years. It has been 4 months since Accursed Farms has been able to produce anything other than the fraud or chat with fans video. If there were to be a chart of this channels production since the end of Freemans Mind 1, it would not look so good. Ross has created some great things, but he is challenged by the breadth of what he has produced to date.

Yes, I have read his Twitter channel, and understand that he is having further issues with mold. I have allergy issues also and take Flonase and Claritin-D for that. It doesn't stop me from showing up for work.

Unless Ross starts producing content, I will stop following this channel. That means that I will no longer click old links to follow previously released content, which I have done religiously in order to support Accursed Farms.

Wait, are you suggesting that your allergies are the only kind, and also the worst possible that can ever be? Are you also equating that your work completely encompasses everything that Ross has to do for videos, including the mandatory clear-voiced yelling?

Wait, a better question... Do you really think that trying to blackmail with a whopping "I'll unsub" is going to get you anything?

Edited by BTGBullseye (see edit history)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

9 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Wait, are you suggesting that your allergies are the only kind, and also the worst possible that can ever be? Are you also equating that your work completely encompasses everything that Ross has to do for videos, including the mandatory clear-voiced yelling?

Wait, a better question... Do you really think that trying to blackmail with a whopping "I'll unsub" is going to get you anything?

Not looking to get anything. As a consumer of the site, this is an expression of disappointment that it has been reduced to the monthly chat with fans. Also, as someone who has also taken allergy injections for many years, I do understand what bad allergies are, both food and the inhaled kind.

On 5/27/2019 at 12:51 PM, RaTcHeT302 said:

I don't know, delays never bothered me, I'm the type of person who's still waiting for Project Zomboid to be fully released, before doing a proper playthrough, I understand why things might take longer than they should, life is complicated, maybe people are tired or bored, or maybe they need a break, and some people just work at a slower pace, but as long as the work gets done, who cares?

Also I feel like you should be watching the older content because you want to, not out of some immaginary obbligation. I feel like threads like these put unnecessary pressure on creators, he's probably already cutting corners to get the content out, I don't see the point in stressing people out, with petty threats.

I get that people want to get their money's worth out of donations, but there's enough pressure as is with such a system, I don't think adding more stress on top is going to help anyone.

No imaginary obligation felt. I have watched the content because I enjoy it; that it has a positive side effect on Ross's income is the icing on the cake.

Full-time YouTubers have stressors that don't come with other occupations, but that comes with the territory, and all jobs have stressors. If expression of frustration about the cadence of production is not allowed, how else does a creator get the message, except through views dropping off? My note may seem unsympathetic and overstated, but I don't wish Ross ill. The point was to communicate that not producing content would lose a subscriber for a specific reason.

Okay? Bye? If you can not only not seem to understand the difficulties he's going through currently and how that would effect his ability to produce content but ALSO have the balls to come on here and bitch and moan that "Oh, he's not really producing any new content, I'm gonna unsubscribe from him if it keeps up." like your word holds any power, you can just leave. People like you aren't welcome in communities that actually want to support creators we care for. While you're at it, grow the fuck up and know that creators aren't machines that exist to specifically make content for you and fuck them if they have a life outside of that.

Shit happens in life, it sucks. Having not had a home for the past nearly five years and having JUST gotten an apartment recently, I know that better than most people. There's not much you can do about it and the struggles that can come with it, such as stress and not being able to fucking breathe properly due to the mold problem in your place of residence but move past them and deal with it as best you can. Maybe when you're older or smarter, you'll actually learn to understand that and not be a piece of shit to content creators who do their best to make content we all like when they're going through some hard shit. 

Given that it cost nothing to sub to a channel and get an update when something does come out, this seems a little weird. The rareness of it kinda makes it more interesting. I discovered Freeman's Mind after Notch tweeted an episode, then watched everything. I haven't been disappointed, though now I have to wait. Oh well, Ross' dry under-stated sense of humor is worth waiting for. YMMV.

Suggestion: A creator similar to Ross (in that he has a certain fondness for weird and less-known <but not always, he just finished sonic adventure> games) is supergreatfriend. I think he did a play-through of Realms of Haunting last year, so on a ven diagram there's some overlap. He has a pretty low-key sense of humor and has quite a lot of content at this point. He's doing play-throughs more than commentary, so that's worth keeping in mind.

Edited by Wwen (see edit history)