ROSS'S BIG GAME LIST

Behold, the list!  I've been wanting to make this for at least a year, but since I'm not a web programmer, I had to get the right help and everything to fall in place before it was finally able to happen.  I'm quite excited about this, I find it impossible to be completely negative about gaming with this list.  While everyone's tastes are different, hope yours overlap with mine enough to get some use of it!

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Bomb shelter parties are the best parties because bomb shelter parties don't stop. Until everyone's dead.

Well, the website hasn't crashed *yet*, but I'm certainly feeling a big slowdown in loading pages.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

This is awesome! I can't wait to check some of these out and was excited to see that In Celebration of Violence was on your list. Hope you enjoy that one as much as I did when you get to it! 

Ross - thanks for this. I often feel like I'm hitting a roof or a rut while selecting games. Then comes this list. As someone who really liked your other videos listing off games you're waiting for due to convergent interests and tastes, it's just what the doctor ordered.

This is amazing, I've always wanted a list of game suggestions from you because it seems like you catch on to stuff that I never hear about. Also, you made the right call dropping Firewatch, it has one of the most game-ruining endings I've ever personally played.

31 minutes ago, Webworm said:

Well, the website hasn't crashed *yet*, but I'm certainly feeling a big slowdown in loading pages.

Shhh. Don't goad it.

29 minutes ago, AnAsianToaster said:

This is amazing, I've always wanted a list of game suggestions from you because it seems like you catch on to stuff that I never hear about. Also, you made the right call dropping Firewatch, it has one of the most game-ruining endings I've ever personally played.

I feel like Ross would probably at least like it for the environment if he got past the intro and didn't like anything else about it.

11 minutes ago, The Britain said:

Shhh. Don't goad it.

You can't stop me!

Edited by Webworm (see edit history)

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

Haven't watched the video yet, but I skimmed through a bit of the list and I can confidently say Harvester (1996) is a severely fucked up game. I watched the Retsupurae series on it, they basically commentate on a longplay MST style mainly to poke fun at the cheesiness. I consider that an acceptable method of experiencing the game - and experience it you should, for it's still quite interesting - especially since the last third features the unholy abomination that is adventure game combat.

Edited by Trar (see edit history)

Nice. I shall be looking through the list, and giving many a try once my RX 5700 XT gets here tomorrow.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

57 minutes ago, Eshanas said:

Ross - thanks for this. I often feel like I'm hitting a roof or a rut while selecting games. Then comes this list. As someone who really liked your other videos listing off games you're waiting for due to convergent interests and tastes, it's just what the doctor ordered.

51 minutes ago, AnAsianToaster said:

Hey, glad you like it.  I knew this was something that would get a "whatever" response from some, but others might really like it. Hell, I'm still eager to try out a lot of these.  I think this video sums up a lot on how I view games, I'm still seeing them bursting with potential.

I'm actually kinda surprised Ross wasn't interested in Night in the Woods.  You find a dismembered hand in the street within your first day in town, and there's this over-arching story some missing people and a mysterious cult. As much as the grievances he listed was valid, I figured he would be hooked by that cult stuff. 

24 minutes ago, Tychobob said:

Where Does the Marathon Trilogy go?

Would that be an on list game or off & why?

That is a series of games that most definitely needs to be on the list. I have a bunch of other old games for the Mac that really should be on there. The whole Escape Velocity series, Multiwinia/Darwinia, Nanosaur 1/2, heck, I have CDs of demos of games that most people probably haven't even heard of. I wish there was just a giant suggestion box for games. I would have quite literally shipped Ross a PowerPC Mac to run OS 9 games and PPC OSX ones, except the power supply is exploded right now. Maybe if there's sufficient need, I'll find a power supply for it. On a side note, I'm highly disappointed that Factorio is considered "Early Access", just because it'll keep Ross from finding the most "engineering crack cocaine" game I have ever played.

Edited by gajbooks (see edit history)

I have many of this list either already in my game library, or on my wishlists... It's a good list.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I kind of want to make a "Things we're happy to see made it into The List" thread but don't know the forum culture here, would that be ok or would you guys rather have it here?

24 minutes ago, DuendeInexistente said:

I kind of want to make a "Things we're happy to see made it into The List" thread but don't know the forum culture here, would that be ok or would you guys rather have it here?

Hey, I'm new here too and I doubt anyone would mind you making a thread like that. I've just avoided posting in the giant threads where it's obvious some sort of clique has formed because it'd feel like I'm walking in on a group of friends conversing and saying something that'd offend everyone without even knowing it.

Edited by Webworm
typo (see edit history)