ROSS'S BIG GAME LIST

1 minute ago, ekket said:

Sort By -> Ross's Rating should do it for the moment. We did have buttons for the ratings, but Ross decided against it since the vast majority aren't rated.

Yeah, I figured it out. Made an edit to my post reflecting that. My bad.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

20 minutes ago, Kraken said:

This has to be troll bait at this point I think.

15 minutes ago, Ross Scott said:

Okay, I'm giving you a chance, because you're honestly acting like a troll now

Why the fuck is this now a thing everywhere I go to? I say anything that anyone else has a problem with for any reason, and suddenly, for no discernible reason at all, I must be "baiting" and "trolling." Go fuck yourselves. You fucking dishonest pieces of shit.

Ok, so, every game already has a section which notes whether said game is a GaaSy fart of not (or if Ross doesn't know). Could we get a way to filter by GaaS status? This would be really relevant to people who'd want to play said games ASAP while they haven't been killed yet.

I, for one, am glad to have gotten the chance (and angry that I no longer can) partake in Nosgoth, as an example.

3 minutes ago, indeed i am not said:

Why <...> is this now a thing everywhere I go to? 

Yikes.

Like the saying goes: "If one person tells you you've grown a tail, laugh it off. If EVERYONE tells you you've grown a tail, you'd better look behind you."

5 minutes ago, Mousazz said:

Yikes.

Like the saying goes: "If one person tells you you've grown a tail, laugh it off. If EVERYONE tells you you've grown a tail, you'd better look behind you."

Sounds like a Russian expression. I'm not sure why my brain leapt to Russian, but it did.

"I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people who do." - Night In The Woods

50 minutes ago, Mousazz said:

Ok, so, every game already has a section which notes whether said game is a GaaSy fart of not (or if Ross doesn't know). Could we get a way to filter by GaaS status? This would be really relevant to people who'd want to play said games ASAP while they haven't been killed yet.

I, for one, am glad to have gotten the chance (and angry that I no longer can) partake in Nosgoth, as an example.

There's a lot I haven't checked, though I think the vast majority are not.  I only put yes or no if I'm totally certain.  I'll explain this process much more probably in the GaaS Fraud video followup.

Woah, this is awesome Ross, thanks! I think it would be really cool to do some kind of "book-club" style game conversation. Every month or so you could pick out a game from the list and those interested could buy it, play it, and then there could be a forum post where we discuss it. 

As always, Ross comes through and gives me something I never knew I wanted. This right here is why I've been a fan for so long.

2 minutes ago, Fanatic4500 said:

Woah, this is awesome Ross, thanks! I think it would be really cool to do some kind of "book-club" style game conversation. Every month or so you could pick out a game from the list and those interested could buy it, play it, and then there could be a forum post where we discuss it. 

As always, Ross comes through and gives me something I never knew I wanted. This right here is why I've been a fan for so long.

You know, I really like that "pick out a game, have guinea pigs test it, then discuss it" idea. I figure if Ross likes the idea, he might toss it in the beginning of the monthly video chats with fans.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

8 minutes ago, Webworm said:

You know, I really like that "pick out a game, have guinea pigs test it, then discuss it" idea. I figure if Ross likes the idea, he might toss it in the beginning of the monthly video chats with fans.

2 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

I don't think taking advantage of the forum users was his original idea, and anyway I'm pretty sure that, even if everyone loves the game, if he hates it, then it's off the list. I mean it's his list in the end. It's very subjective too.

My thought process is more along the lines of: Ross wants to play all of these games anyway, so he could let us know which game he plans on getting into and those of us who are interested in that game can also play it. I'm thinking more community engagement than being guinea pigs. 

7 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

I don't think taking advantage of the forum users was his original idea, and anyway I'm pretty sure that, even if everyone loves the game, if he hates it, then it's off the list. I mean it's his list in the end. It's very subjective too.

Yeah, I guess that's true, but I don't really see it as taking advantage of the forum users if they're okay with the idea themselves. I doubt Ross would be saying something like "Okay, your orders are to buy this and then talk about it. If you don't do it, I'm banning you from the forums." I see it as something probably only a minority of people would do, wouldn't take much effort on Ross's part (I'm assuming), and would be helpful in ascertaining whether a game is generally seen as good or not.

Regarding subjectivity, I get that. If that idea actually goes through and a lot of people are saying a game is good, it might make its way to the front of Ross's list of things to play. Could be a quicker way of getting ratings from him on certain things for future parties interested in certain titles?

I was just joking with the guinea pig line, guys.

Edited by Webworm
guinea pig clarification (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Webworm said:

I was just joking with the guinea pig line, guys.

I figured haha

Ah, I mean he would probably just play the game, no need to announce it, unless he plans on doing something specific with it (live streaming).

Otherwise, I would rather respect the guy's privacy, I think this might be a bit too much to be honest.

Sure, if that's what he'd prefer to do that's totally cool. It was just an idea for something I think would be a fun way to interact with the community as well as support developers. He reads the forums, so if he likes the idea then he can do something with it. If he doesn't like the idea then that's cool too.

10 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

Ah, I mean he would probably just play the game, no need to announce it, unless he plans on doing something specific with it (live streaming).

Otherwise, I would rather respect the guy's privacy, I think this might be a bit too much to be honest.

If he's open to the idea, I guess he could just SMASH THAT RANDOM BUTTON   click the random button for game choice rather than pick something out specifically. Ross has been posting in this thread, so maybe we'll get his thoughts on the idea.

10 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

It's cool.

You know, I remembered a quote where he said he was stereotyped as a mad scientist, so maybe it hits a little closer to reality than I initially thought. /s

Also, yeah, like Fanatic said, it's fine if he doesn't go for it. I want to emphasize that I (and I assume pretty much everyone here) don't want to put pressure on Ross for anything since he seems to be monumentally busy working on the videos anyways. I need to stop making these edits after posting, I feel like it messes with people a bit when they quote something initially and then boop, more content to the post.

Edited by Webworm (see edit history)

He'll probably pick up on it if he likes the idea, I'm just a random forum user so don't mind what I say too much really, I didn't feel the need to say that though, it felt redundant, I'm not adding much to the discussion right now to be honest though.

No, no, I think it's important to get input from a lot of people in discussions like this. Don't worry about it. Unless you're just flaming people or posting something completely off-topic, you're contributing to the discussion and your thoughts matter.

33 minutes ago, Fanatic4500 said:

I like this idea, it would be a fun community thing to try out. Maybe the discussions will help to give Ross an idea of what to expect whenever he tries the games, or he can even participate too as a way of helping to get through the list.

6 minutes ago, Webworm said:

Don't worry about it. Unless you're just flaming people or posting something completely off-topic...

Yeah, like that would ever happen! /s

Becoming more video-game centeric will definitely put more butts in digital seats around here. But I like the quaint feel of a run-down saloon, somewhere in the wild-west of the internet.
(*spits in jar* yerr talkin to me about far left wiggers in vidiya games? Tomorrow; high noon, yellow boy *rag time stops playing*  )
Structure and focus are needed for sure.. but too much of it is the antithesis of "fun"

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

Greeting Ross,

D'you mind if you can explain why you dislike infinite scrolling feature? 

I aplogise for not following up topic of this thread. Saw a keyword "politic" and noped outta here.

3 minutes ago, ywyak said:

Greeting Ross,

D'you mind if you can explain why you dislike infinite scrolling feature? 

I aplogise for not following up topic of this thread. Saw a keyword "politic" and noped outta here.

Go to collegehumor's Youtube channel and browse their videos from 2012-2013.

5 minutes ago, Ross Scott said:

Go to collegehumor's Youtube channel and browse their videos from 2012-2013.

Fair enough.